Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
Well, I've decided to buy an iPod mini... I've been running lately and I think it would really help me, plus I want one. :D

The problem is, I'm not really sure which color to buy... I know someone will reply to this thread saying "can't you make up your own mind?" And sure.. I could, but what fun would that be? So I've decided to offer it up to the MacRumors crowd. Let's say... by next Saturday, I'll count the responses to this thread, and the winning color is the one I buy. I'm willing to stick with your decision. After I buy it I'll throw some images up. :) I guess its your chance to live vicariously through me... or whatever, I don't care. I think it'll be fun.

The choices are:
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Blue
  • Pink
  • Green

If a mod would be so kind as to make this into a poll, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
The gold is awful - as is the pink.

why didn't they release a white version??? yes, it's the color of its brother, but still!!

AdamZ

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2004
Wish they made WHITE!!

Silver for sure! The rest, I believe, are targeted more for the ladies...

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
Most popular colors

The most popular colors have been Silver, Blue, Pink, Green and Gold in that order - at least on Amazon.com. Only Pink has been considered "targeted to Ladies". Silver was the most produced for the introduction. One article states that Silver is the only color that will not fade from excessive sunlight exposure. Silver is so overused nowadays by Apple it's nice to have a choice. I have a green one.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Male or female?

Personally, I like the green one. Maybe just because it's ugly. It's just...different. Sure the silver one is the most conservative of the bunch but what's the fun of that? Like someone else said, silver is so overused these days.

Squire

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
carletonmusic said:
maybe after sobering up - pink was a mistake?? :D

A double post just as you hit the 500 post mark. Accident or intentional? ;)

Kidding. You didn't really get drunk and buy a pink one, did you?

Squire

fatzmack

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2004
the green. come 'on. you see silver everywhere else. imagine how snazzy it'd look, syncin' to your powerbook at a starbucks or something. the green definitely adds some fun. hypothetical situation of course...

my current 1st generation iPod is crappin' out and by the looks of things, the green one is lookin' pretty good as my second ipod :) ...of course i have butt loads of music which suggest i spend the extra 50 and get the 15g. oops, off to a tangent there.

green!

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
cr2sh said:
Well, I've decided to buy an iPod mini... I've been running lately and I think it would really help me, plus I want one. :D

The problem is, I'm not really sure which color to buy... I know someone will reply to this thread saying "can't you make up your own mind?" And sure.. I could, but what fun would that be? So I've decided to offer it up to the MacRumors crowd. Let's say... by next Saturday, I'll count the responses to this thread, and the winning color is the one I buy. I'm willing to stick with your decision. After I buy it I'll throw some images up. :) I guess its your chance to live vicariously through me... or whatever, I don't care. I think it'll be fun.

The choices are:
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Blue
  • Pink
  • Green

If a mod would be so kind as to make this into a poll, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

silver, blue, or green

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.