Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gstar2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
To access wireless line in my uni. , i musst install a special config file.
The file has been send to my gmail account. If i surf with a desktop firefox, it look all ok, the file show up as an attachment with surfix .mobileconfig.

But if i check my email with Ipod touch, the file do not show up, instead i see some random text at the end of the mail.

help!:confused:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
According to my google search, mobileconfig is something that is used with Windows Mobile devices. Contact your university's tech support and make sure they understand you are trying to hook up an ipod touch, not a windows mobile device.

jlocalled

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
According to my google search, mobileconfig is something that is used with Windows Mobile devices. Contact your university's tech support and make sure they understand you are trying to hook up an ipod touch, not a windows mobile device.

That is not correct. Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch Enterprise Configuration Files have the extension of .mobileconfig . The Configuration Utility saves the file as a .mobileconfig file, which is then sent to an email account for your iPhone and iPod Touch. You open the attachment in Mail and it will ask for you to install it.

As for the original problem, try asking for the file to be sent again. Guide to how it would work if you were creating your own profile to download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.