Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DYER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
London, UK
ok here is what I want. I used to do this on my windows set up but am to retarded to pull it off on a mac.
I have a MBP 15" and I have a Dell display hooked up to it
Now what I want to do is have COD4 open on the MBP display so I can play away my life and have My adium chats and itunes open on the left dell display.
Please someone tell me if it is possible and if so how. It is bugging the hell out of me.:confused:

petz0ldt

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2008
sorry cant be done unless u run cod4 in windowed mode. i know it sucks i wanted to do the same thing.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Ok last qquestion then
how do you run it in windowed mode? i never knew how to do that

Go into game settings to set it in windows mode.

Sometimes when you hold option when launching a mac game you will get additional items to set.

dnjmarlboro

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
@DYER
Just a question: do your new MBP handle COD4 Mac at all? Mine will run the OSX Version of COD4 very very bad (about 15 FPS).
And yes, i activated the 9600M GT :)

iMacs with 2400xt or 2600xt or the early 2008 MBP can handle COD4 from Aspyr much much better :-(

DYER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
London, UK
@DYER
Just a question: do your new MBP handle COD4 Mac at all? Mine will run the OSX Version of COD4 very very bad (about 15 FPS).
And yes, i activated the 9600M GT :)

iMacs with 2400xt or 2600xt or the early 2008 MBP can handle COD4 from Aspyr much much better :-(

It depends really. on full resolution (1440 x 990) i get about 35 - 40fps (however i do have fan control installed and have the fans running at max which helps) but i cannot see why your mbp would play it slowly.. )
at lower resolutions i can get up to about 80 - 85 fps
i really dont know why yours wouldnt play it well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.