Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
I have recently updated my PowerMac G4 to OS X 10.1 and now my Time is all messed up. It tells the correct time, however it is in 24 hour format (military time). I try to fix this by using the Date and Time preferences, however, it always seems to eventually happen. I am also using a network time server. Anyone know how to fix this?

loveshismac

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2001
Dallas
I just upgraded as well. And had the same problem.
I used "help" and found the anwser in the international system panel. you will find a time tab. there you can change from a 24 hour to a 12 hour clock.

loveshismac

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
I find that sometimes my time will completely reset back to 199, at some hour that is not the right one...any suggestions or answers?

-Pete

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by ptrauber
I find that sometimes my time will completely reset back to 199, at some hour that is not the right one...any suggestions or answers?

-Pete

Your battery is dead. i think there is a little built in battery (not your main) one. That keeps track of things like the time. I know the iMacs/towers have them. Mine on my iMac died a while ago.. the clock would allways get reset. I set my controld panals so my clock would sync up with that appe servers... it would just fix the clock every few houres... so.. didnt worrie about replaceing the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.