Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sv2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Can anyone recommend some solid headphones for under $60? I have a iPod Nano 4G, and I dislike the earbuds quite a lot.

2dl7lom.jpg

That is the style of headphones I want. I forget what the official term is for that style of them though.

Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot. :)

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I don't like the style of headphone you showed on your message because 1) they don't provide noise isolation and 2) they require higher volume settings to get any decent volume out of the headphone, which tends to run down the iPod's battery faster.

I might recommend Apple's new in-ear headphones, not only because you don't need to crank up the volume level to get decent volume out of the headphones but since you own a 4G iPod nano, you can use the controls on the headphones to change tracks and control the volume of the player. :)

sir Mudkip

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
I don't like the style of headphone you showed on your message because 1) they don't provide noise isolation and 2) they require higher volume settings to get any decent volume out of the headphone, which tends to run down the iPod's battery faster.

I might recommend Apple's new in-ear headphones, not only because you don't need to crank up the volume level to get decent volume out of the headphones but since you own a 4G iPod nano, you can use the controls on the headphones to change tracks and control the volume of the player. :)

He asked what brand to recommend not to recommend another type that he does not like.

OP:
http://www.sony.com.au/pe/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=22381 Sound nice, note the Australian price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.