Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nik73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
UK
Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search but could only find info on the older integrated graphics chips.

I'll be getting a new 2.4 Alu MB soon but was also thinking about starting to play LotRO. I don't want to start it on my PC and then find it runs even worse, or not much better, on the MB. It won't effect my decision to buy a MB, just the game.

Has anyone played it or the new expansion on the new MB? I saw the video where they got Warhammer Online running on high settings on the new MB so LotRO should run very well too right?
I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks. :)

Qinetic

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
I'm also curious. I would imagine that spec-wise the Alu MB would run games (that are compatible) amazingly but I've seen mixed comments. I'll mostly be running WoW on my new MB.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Lotro is more graphically intense than Warhammer. You could definitely play it, but need to tone down the graphics settings.

Nik73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
UK
Thanks for the reply bud. When you say turn the settings down, what am I looking at? Medium or dare I chance med/high? :D

Nik73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
UK
A friend gave a buddy referral for LOTRO and I installed it on my old DELL (2.0 CD, 2gb RAM and an ATI x1400). I can get it to run smoothy with the overall settings at MED but it looks pretty pants to be honest.
Does anyone know how the 9400M compares to the x1400? I'd imagine pretty favourably as the x1400 is cack, though saying that it runs WoW really well.

Nik73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
UK
Looks like no one is playing this on the alu MB as I can't find a single thing on t'internet about anyone doing just that. Plenty on the Mb Pro but not a sniff of the new MB. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.