Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTwat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2003
Heyho ppl. My mac's started slowing down a bit lately and well everything's a mess really. I've completely lost track of what applications are installed where and where certain application folders are etc and everything's just basically a complete mess. So I want to backup just my documents and iTunes folders and then completely erase everything and reinstall OS X and put them back on. Normally i'd just back everything up onto cds but I'm kinda buggered cause my iTunes folder and documents folder together are something like 20gb!!! I don't have a dvd-r drive or any other computers to move my stuff to temporarily and the only thing I've been able to think of so far is buying a firewire hard drive but they're so expensive just for one thing! Any ideas?
Ta v much :)
PS- I thought of the option in reinstalling where you choose to have it backup the home folder but i can't because it's my home folder which is a mess aswell! argh

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
well you could just seperate and sort your stuff. then burn it all to CDs. you've got a CD burner, right?

or now might be a good time to buy a iPod. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.