Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
My girlfriend bought a t610 ans I can't get it to work with iSync. If I go to the bluetooth options, I can see my bluetooth adapter recognizes the phone. However, iSync doesn't.

My Nokia 7650 works fine, so the bluetooth works. Also I can send pictures from the T610 to my iMac.

Does anybody know what is wrong? I'm planning to get a T630 soon. Will that one work with iSync?

Viv

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2003
Normandy, France
gerror said:
My girlfriend bought a t610 ans I can't get it to work with iSync. If I go to the bluetooth options, I can see my bluetooth adapter recognizes the phone. However, iSync doesn't.

My Nokia 7650 works fine, so the bluetooth works. Also I can send pictures from the T610 to my iMac.

Does anybody know what is wrong? I'm planning to get a T630 soon. Will that one work with iSync?

Odd! my T610 has worked from day one with no problems at all, did you pair it up using the blutooth "setup a bluetooth device" from the menu first? obviose question but best to chec, if you look in the connections menu of the phone does it list the computer?

Launch address book and press the bluetooth button does it link to the phone? can you text and dieal a number from address book?

In Isync did you add the device?

Viv

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
Viv said:
Odd! my T610 has worked from day one with no problems at all, did you pair it up using the blutooth "setup a bluetooth device" from the menu first? obviose question but best to chec, if you look in the connections menu of the phone does it list the computer?

Launch address book and press the bluetooth button does it link to the phone? can you text and dieal a number from address book?

In Isync did you add the device?

Viv

I did the setup and it was recognized. When I tried to add the phone in iSync, it simply does not find it strange enough.

However, I am going to try the address book and also mess around a little bit more. Thanks

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
T630

gerror said:
I'm planning to get a T630 soon. Will that one work with iSync?

My girlfriend and I recently got a pair of Sony Ericsson T630 phones, free with 12-month contract.

Both T630s work really well with my iMac, except for the feature where you can accept/reject/place calls from Address Book or send a text from the Mac via the phone - I've not gotten this to work yet, but it could be because my Mac isn't so new anymore!
iSyncing was really cool: pair the phone, sync it over Bluetooth, boom! - contacts all present & correct. Also, i can move photos over to the Mac without having to pay to send them via MMS to my email address. The only thing it does not support is Address Book photos. (Apple's iSync devices page shows which phone supports which features.)

Most places here in England had not even heard of the T630 / iSync / the Mac (!) when we were looking for them at the end of January, but we eventually found a store where they had the white version (which we thought looks more Mac-like ;)). Other shops we went to that had heard of the T630 couldn't understand why we didn't want the black version... they kept saying "but the black is limited edition!")

:rolleyes: Talk about a missed marketing opportunity - if they had a PowerBook set up in the stores, with a Bluetooth phone next to it and iSync running - they could sell Bluetooth phones on the syncing capabilities alone. Nevermind the 'one-button-sync' cool-factor, plus TXT messaging from the keyboard...

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend the Sony Ericsson T630 - it's fairly intuitive, the closest current match to Apple's industrial design, has a good display, and works pretty well with iSync.

Hope this helps :)

Viv

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2003
Normandy, France
gerror said:
I did the setup and it was recognized. When I tried to add the phone in iSync, it simply does not find it strange enough.

However, I am going to try the address book and also mess around a little bit more. Thanks

Sorry basics again, when you were pairing them up did you set the phone in to discovery mode? its in the manuel or you can do it by searching in the menu on the phone.

Is your bluetooth software and firmware up to date? mine all worked from when the 15alis came out last year so as long as you have a recent update it should be ok.

If it did not find it when you tried to pair it up nothing will work, step one is find out why it wont pair.

Viv

Viv

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2003
Normandy, France
orbital~debris said:
My girlfriend and I recently got a pair of Sony Ericsson T630 phones, free with 12-month contract.

Both T630s work really well with my iMac, except for the feature where you can accept/reject/place calls from Address Book or send a text from the Mac via the phone - I've not gotten this to work yet, but it could be because my Mac isn't so new anymore!
iSyncing was really cool: pair the phone, sync it over Bluetooth, boom! - contacts all present & correct. Also, i can move photos over to the Mac without having to pay to send them via MMS to my email address. The only thing it does not support is Address Book photos. (Apple's iSync devices page shows which phone supports which features.)

Most places here in England had not even heard of the T630 / iSync / the Mac (!) when we were looking for them at the end of January, but we eventually found a store where they had the white version (which we thought looks more Mac-like ;)). Other shops we went to that had heard of the T630 couldn't understand why we didn't want the black version... they kept saying "but the black is limited edition!")

:rolleyes: Talk about a missed marketing opportunity - if they had a PowerBook set up in the stores, with a Bluetooth phone next to it and iSync running - they could sell Bluetooth phones on the syncing capabilities alone. Nevermind the 'one-button-sync' cool-factor, plus TXT messaging from the keyboard...

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend the Sony Ericsson T630 - it's fairly intuitive, the closest current match to Apple's industrial design, has a good display, and works pretty well with iSync.

Hope this helps :)

Ah merde, I want a white one now:)

Your right though a missed opportunity or what, I had to go back to the shop and show them it worked:)

Viv

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
Viv said:
Sorry basics again, when you were pairing them up did you set the phone in to discovery mode? its in the manuel or you can do it by searching in the menu on the phone.

Is your bluetooth software and firmware up to date? mine all worked from when the 15alis came out last year so as long as you have a recent update it should be ok.

If it did not find it when you tried to pair it up nothing will work, step one is find out why it wont pair.

Viv

I am without internet for a month now due to the fact I moved and it takes a long time to get DSL in the Netherlands. But I got a message I can pick it up today so tonight I will have my internet back.
Then I will update everything and try it again. I will let you know if it works or not. Thankx.

I will probably get a T630 next week or so with a 12 months contract. Then I hope the UMTS wil be finally live.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.