Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcangel101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
I have an old 128 or 256k Apple with keyboard and 20MB external SCSI hard disk (working) - wanted to know if it's worth anything before I put it up for sale....

Any info would be greatly appriciated :D

P.S. Will put more info up tomorrow (gotta make a note of all the details....)

Cheers!

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Based on it being a 128 or 256K, it's either an original Mac or a Mac Plus. It's worth around $5 to $10 to the right buyer. There are too many machines and too few collectors, alas.

If it's an Apple II, that's worth even less - near zero.

If it's an Apple III, now there you may have something!

cubist said:
Based on it being a 128 or 256K, it's either an original Mac or a Mac Plus. It's worth around $5 to $10 to the right buyer. There are too many machines and too few collectors, alas.

Well I found some on eBay sell for over $100 if Macintosh 128k but if the Mac Plus/512k then $5-$10 sound right. Now if the drive is not scsi but the one like it then thats rare to, I collect Macs and have a few my self. Good Luck Selling It! Also if Apple II/II plus I'v seen go for a lot as well but since theres a HD there would have to Be a SCSI card withch is rare also. You might have A IIe with the card and HD are worth more then the computer.

mactarkus

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
Florida
Find out *exactly* what it is!

Spend some time to figure out what you have. Macintosh 128Ks (the first Macs) do very well if they're in good condition. If you've got original peripherals, boxes, etc it can fetch a bunch. I've seen 128Ks with boxes go for over $1K. 512k/Plus/SE are nearly worthless since there are so many around. SE/30s go for $50 or more depending upon the condition.

Be careful of quoting Apple II prices. Yes, //e are nearly worthless -- again because of the number in existence. However II+ can fetch $50 or more and the original II can go for nearly $1K!

Yes, IIIs do well and go for a few hundred.

James

cubist said:

arcangel101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Thanks to all who replied, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look more into this but will be doing soon and will post info up on here as soon as I find anything out.
I do know that the SCSI hdd is in it's own self contained box which can sit nicely under the mac, the cable and connector card are included and working. Unfortunatly I haven't got a working mouse which is a shame. :(

Once the details are up I'll leave it for a week before putting it up on E-bay so if anyone's interested in it from here just leave a little message & I'll get back to ya!

Happy MACing! :D

mactarkus

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
Florida
Quadra Prices

Quadras are worth about what it would cost to ship it to someone. The only exception may be the 840AV. An 840AV in excellent shape could fetch up to $100 in some cases. I have all of the Quadra models and got them all dirt cheap through eBay except for the 840AV.

mishi said:
are any of the quadra series worth anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.