Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I want to use my DCR-TRV103 to capture video from my cable box nd then stream it via Quicktime Broadcaster. I work at a school and we want to stream the innauguration. I know i used to be able to do the ADC with this camcorder but can't figure it out right now. I have analog inputs on the camera, when the camera is not plugged into my laptop i see the TV on the LCD on the camera, but when i plug in the firewire cable to my laptop the video cuts out.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Just found this link
http://www.kensavage.com/amazon/B00000JMO3/Sony_DCRTRV103_Handycam_Digital_Camcorder.html

Con's:
1. A bit bulky (by today's standards)
2. A/V inputs don't allow for direct pass-through to firewire (subsequent models allow this, but for the TRV103 you have to record input video/audio to tape then playback and capture over firewire).
3. Low-light video is somewhat grainy (but average for the time period this model was produced).

I could of swore i did this a few years ago as a direct pass through and not record and playback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.