Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cytoxyn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Corning, NY
Since i finally made it to capacity and want to manually manage the songs on my ipod; is there a way to view what song i have on my ipod in itunes?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
In iTunes on the left there is a triangle next to the name of your ipod. Click the triangle.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Welcome to full capacity and the tasks of building playlists and manually managing your music. I've done this from the start and don't find it cumbersome at all. Kind of enjoy it.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
In iTunes on the left there is a triangle next to the name of your ipod. Click the triangle.

While this method does show you what's on your iPod, I find it easier to just make a playlist on iTunes of all the songs you want on your iPod, and sync this playlist with the iPod. Manipulating songs on the playlist is, IMO, much easier than dragging songs in and out of the iPod every time you want to swap songs. Plus, this way, if you ever have to restore your iPod, you have a record in iTunes of which songs you had on it, and can have them back on your iPod with a single click.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.