Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UVa.Jester

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
This is my first time ever trying to use Bootcamp... I have a new late 2008 Macbook pro and a brand new copy of Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I keep reading everywhere about needing other drivers off the Leopard DVD... I don't know if this is for the same MBP that I have or if I should just run Bootcamp without doing anything additional... Can anyone point me in the direction of a "how to" that will tell me what to do... I have been reading as much as I can, but its in pieces all over the forums... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you...

Jester

CoolMe

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
London
I'm a little confused at what your saying.

In order to create a boot camp partition, run the boot camp assistant, there you will be able to partition your HD. Once you have done this, pop your CD in and restart, boot via the CD and it's pretty much plain sailing.

Once your in windows, eject the CD, pop in your OS X CD 1 and run the boot camp installer.

UVa.Jester

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
I'm a little confused at what your saying.

In order to create a boot camp partition, run the boot camp assistant, there you will be able to partition your HD. Once you have done this, pop your CD in and restart, boot via the CD and it's pretty much plain sailing.

Once your in windows, eject the CD, pop in your OS X CD 1 and run the boot camp installer.

I appreciate your response... I was trying to ask if there was anything that had to be done prior to running Bootcamp to partition the drive... I was confused, so I'm sure I confused everyone with my question... hahahaaa... Thank for the clarification. Vista 64 is half done installing as I type this... Thanks again.

Jester

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.