PDA

View Full Version : iTunes isn't honoring the tags when importing from MetaX

hualon
Jan 16, 2009, 10:03 PM
I'm using iTunes 8.0.2 and MetaX 2.4.6. I have added a season of Stargate episodes to the queue in MetaX and and they have all been tagged correctly and the boxes have been checked... I'm using description, title, show, and Video Kind: TV Show just like I've done a million other times.

The problem is that THIS time around whenever MetaX copies the files over to iTunes, iTunes honors NONE of the meta data that was just put into MetaX. The files wind up lumped into "Movies" with the original file name as the "Name" and nothing else.

What have I screwed up? :)

edit: if I restart MetaX and then import any single one of the files that I've just supposedly tagged, then MetaX populates all the fields just as I entered them. This is why I'm thinking that something's awry with iTunes.

refulgentis
Jan 17, 2009, 12:53 AM
I'm using iTunes 8.0.2 and MetaX 2.4.6. I have added a season of Stargate episodes to the queue in MetaX and and they have all been tagged correctly and the boxes have been checked... I'm using description, title, show, and Video Kind: TV Show just like I've done a million other times.

The problem is that THIS time around whenever MetaX copies the files over to iTunes, iTunes honors NONE of the meta data that was just put into MetaX. The files wind up lumped into "Movies" with the original file name as the "Name" and nothing else.

What have I screwed up? :)

edit: if I restart MetaX and then import any single one of the files that I've just supposedly tagged, then MetaX populates all the fields just as I entered them. This is why I'm thinking that something's awry with iTunes.
readd the files to itunes and see what happens