Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soundscape

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Hello,

I'm running OS 10.5.6 on an old Powerbook G4 (PPC) and am experiencing issues with the Pluscom WU-ZD1211B wireless USB adaptor.

After installing the drivers, the card works for a a short while, but connections then time out and I have to unplug-replug the adaptor to get the connection back, again only for a short while.

Occasionally, the kernel_task application goes crazy, using up all available CPU performance and causing me to do a cold reboot of the system as nothing works anymore.

I've tried several versions of the driver, from 4_5_7_0 to 4_5_9_0, including an "updated" driver which was available from the forums on pluscom.cn before that site went offline a few days ago.

The problems described above have persisted to a lesser or greater extent with all driver versions. I can't get the adaptor to work reliably.

I would be happy if anyone could confirm these issues or propose a fix so that I may either solve the problem or move on with things!

Best regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.