Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-groovatious-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Hey guys

I purchased a Black Switcheasy Rebel from an Optus store in Australia. I've only had it for about 1 month and only taken it off my phone once, but it seems that there is a split in the silicone between the volume rocker and the front lip of the case (in the indentation around the volume rocker). This seems to be causing that edge to not cover the chrome on the front next to the volume rocker and sag away to the left.

I was just wondering if anyone else can confirm that there is not actually meant to be a split along the indented edge of the silicone volume rocker. As this combined with the fact that the bottom is now sagging means I'm really not happy with this case.

Also, what are the chances of getting a replacement from Optus in your experience after having these problems in only 1 month of light use? Or would Switcheasy handle a replacement?

Cheers!

neesh0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
any pictures? this is what my rebel volume rocker looks like:

Attachments

• rebel copy.jpg
    rebel copy.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 78

-groovatious-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

I can't take a photo at the moment, but have reattached your photo with an arrow showing where the split is.

If you lift up the front lip of the case, you can see daylight through where the arrow is in the photo. I'm guessing that's meant to be solid silicone, no split, right?

Cheers!

Attachments

• se.JPG
    se.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 69

klempwrsu

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
E-mail them about this problem. They will most likely tell you to send them some pictures and then they will ship you out a new rebel

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I have the exact same problem with my rebel case.

I got my brother the SE Neo case for Christmas. Now that is sexy.

I think i might just chunk the rebel and get me a Neo. the black plastic parts are far more scratch resistant and the material that covers the rockers/buttons have a much better feel than the rebel. Also, the neo will cause far fewer scratches (on the phone) than the rebel case.

however both cases have TINY holes for the headphone jack, the only drawback in my opinion. Both cases slide in and out of Jeans like butter and have exceptional grip in hand.

Plus all the cool extras that come in the box.

If anyone was thinking of buying one I would tell you to buy them from Wireless rage on ebay. They are a few bucks cheaper and come with a leather(ish) side holster.

I have purchased a few cases through wireless rage and have nothing but good things to say.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Fwiw, I have an artic rebel that has done the exact same thing. No, it is not normal. I have two others that are fine. Email them and they will probably ask for some pics like someone else said and then will send you a new one. I have not bothered to email them yet myself, but will eventually.

-groovatious-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Thanks for the responses guys.

Does anyone know if SwitchEasy still handles the replacements for cases bought from retail stores (ie, not directly from them)?

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.