Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sound Evolution

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Dear,

Sadly I discovered that the USB (I/O) flip door is broken on one of it's mechanical points (the side of the headphone jack).

I use my laptop very intense, and click in as well my headphone as well different USB devices many times a day. Because of this use it is broken.

However I am always very careful with my baby and never did anything with force or violence.

I am still in warranty, Do you think I can get this fixed under warranty or is it my own fault?

With kind regards,
Bas

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Call Apple. We obviously can't answer here in the thread. There's really no way to know.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
If out of warranty, I'd just remove it. Unscrew the bottom panel to pull it out. The door is a hindrance if you're a heavy user.

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
Dear,

Sadly I discovered that the USB (I/O) flip door is broken on one of it's mechanical points (the side of the headphone jack).

I use my laptop very intense, and click in as well my headphone as well different USB devices many times a day. Because of this use it is broken.

However I am always very careful with my baby and never did anything with force or violence.

I am still in warranty, Do you think I can get this fixed under warranty or is it my own fault?

With kind regards,
Bas
call 1-800-APL-CARE and have them make you a case and a genius bar appointment...this will increase the chances of a genius getting it repaired under warranty...

Sound Evolution

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
call 1-800-APL-CARE and have them make you a case and a genius bar appointment...this will increase the chances of a genius getting it repaired under warranty...

Thanks for the advice, but we don't have a genius bar in the Netherlands, neither we have Apple stores. :(

With kind regards,
Bas

yuhaii

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
Thanks for the advice, but we don't have a genius bar in the Netherlands, neither we have Apple stores. :(

With kind regards,
Bas
That's not true. there are authorized apple retail stores in netherlands. You just take your computer there and they will take care of it. Call apple and they will tell you the nearby store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.