Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I've got a late-2007 MacBook (plastic, white, and beautiful). I'm looking into getting one of the new 24" Displays for desk work, but I'm just wondering - I know it's got a Mini DisplayPort connector, but my MacBook has a Mini DVI port. Is there a "convertor" that you can get on the Apple store, or is there one coming out? I couldn't see any...

Thanks!

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Is it possible that a 3rd party makes them? I seem to remember there was something about the Mini DisplayPort being made "open-source" (don't think they were quite the words, but free for anyone)...

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
Is it possible that a 3rd party makes them? I seem to remember there was something about the Mini DisplayPort being made "open-source" (don't think they were quite the words, but free for anyone)...

Yeah Apple is giving lincensing out for free for the mini display port, but no company has yet made the adapter, as far as I know. I would buy a 24" LED if I could get the adapter, because my wife has a plastic book and I have a Alu book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.