PDA

View Full Version : Get that Gator!

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 10, 2004, 07:14 AM
Sounds like something my buddies and I would do when in our teens, we loved wildlife of any kind. got a big laugh out of it but i guess the driver isnt laughing now.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113746,00.html

virividox
Mar 10, 2004, 09:10 AM
sounds like fun but bad judgment call

ExoticFish
Mar 10, 2004, 09:22 AM
at least the gator had a stick in his mouth instead of an 11 year old boy.

wdlove
Mar 10, 2004, 11:35 AM
That is a very interesting story. The 11 years olds are quite knowledgeable about how to capture a gator. When I was that age only thing that I captured was fire flies and a frog. I hope that the gator was properly taken care of afterwards.

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 10, 2004, 02:20 PM
You got to hand it to those kids, using a shirt and taping the mouth shut with electrical tape was pretty cool. I caught a little one about 3-4 ft in a pond nearby with some help. took us forever to get him out of the pond we finally had to snag with a fishing pool and i had to hold him down while we were securing him. I still think that must have been a big day for those kids in Florida. we would have done the same exact thing when we were kids and we had a bus driver who was pretty cool and would have let us. anyways a fun little story.

Inspector Lee
Mar 10, 2004, 10:44 PM
That is a very interesting story. The 11 years olds are quite knowledgeable about how to capture a gator. When I was that age only thing that I captured was fire flies and a frog.

My only serious dabbling with wildlife as a kid was the occasional "beehive assault." And this was done from a distance with a solid escape route in place.