PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 40 Gig iPods in the UK - ships worldwide

MacBytes
Mar 10, 2004, 09:07 AM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Cheap 40 Gig iPods in the UK - ships worldwide (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040310100758)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

danbalsh
Mar 10, 2004, 09:17 AM
This company is great, I just last week ordered myself a lovely T630 from them :D great service, highly recommended.

edesignuk
Mar 10, 2004, 09:32 AM
That is a very good deal for any UK buyers! :cool:

Stella
Mar 10, 2004, 10:22 AM
> They ship worldwide.

Maybe cheap in Rip-Off Britain, but by the time you convert from most currencies into British Pounds, it isn't quite that cheap due to the high value of Sterling, at the moment.

edesignuk
Mar 10, 2004, 10:29 AM
> They ship worldwide.

Maybe cheap in Rip-Off Britain, but by the time you convert from most currencies into British Pounds, it isn't quite that cheap due to the high value of Sterling, at the moment.
True, true, good for us. But given the strong , bad for everyone else :p :D

Savage Henry
Mar 10, 2004, 10:55 AM
> They ship worldwide.

Yep, that works out to retail at $600 US compare to the $500 that State-side Apple are selling online.

But it's always interesting to note that the 40g model normally is priced at the equivalent $price over here of $718 eeek ! :eek:

(exch 1 = $1.8)

mrsebastian
Mar 10, 2004, 11:25 AM
that is expensive! has anyone ever seen a hack to replace the drive in an ipod, as in putting in a bigger one?

Sabbath
Mar 10, 2004, 11:30 AM
Wow thats a really good price for the 40Gb. In the UK atleast. Luckily my iPod is still going strong so I'm not in the market for a new iPod. I don't like the fact the 40Gb are thicker, I'd never buy any of the thicker form factor iPods no matter how big they make them. I do realise they need to be thicker and its great to offer people choice, just not for me.

dashiel
Mar 10, 2004, 12:47 PM
Yep, that works out to retail at $600 US compare to the $500 that State-side Apple are selling online.

But it's always interesting to note that the 40g model normally is priced at the equivalent $price over here of $718 eeek ! :eek:

(exch 1 = $1.8)

you're converting the price with VAT; sales to non-UK citizens would have the VAT removed, so they pay the 280 or $504. if you add sales tax to an ipod bought in california (7.75% where i am) it comes out to $537. if you add shipping from england to the united states ($24-$29) and you do save a couple of bucks.

gerlitzappel
Mar 10, 2004, 01:31 PM
And if you live in the UK and are looking to off your mate, it's probably much cheaper and easier to get your hands on than a pistol.

gerlitzappel
Mar 10, 2004, 01:35 PM
that is expensive! has anyone ever seen a hack to replace the drive in an ipod, as in putting in a bigger one?

There is a discussion about it here:

iPod Hacks discussion (http://www.ipodhacks.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=2360&forum=2&ipod-accessories)

hipcat
Mar 10, 2004, 09:35 PM
If its so expensive over tere I don't see why you Brits don't have somone you know in the states purchase you one then ship it to you. Surely the price here+shipping+the international power converter is cheaper than spending that rediculous sum. Just a though... I guess let me know if im missing a detail that would even out the prices. With that youre paying aroung 318-324 pounds. Not much of a savings and you have to wait a little while but it is a savings none the less.

hipcat
Mar 10, 2004, 09:37 PM
If its so expensive over tere I don't see why you Brits don't have somone you know in the states purchase you one then ship it to you. Surely the price here+shipping+the international power converter is cheaper than spending that rediculous sum. Just a though... I guess let me know if im missing a detail that would even out the prices. With that youre paying aroung 318-324 pounds. Not much of a savings and you have to wait a little while but it is a savings none the less.

I guess now that I think of it though I would probably pay the extra 5-10 pounds to get it tomorrow like the add states

MrMacMan
Mar 10, 2004, 10:28 PM
Good for UK...

Mediocre for US/Abroad.

How did apple let they get away with this? :confused: :confused: :confused: