Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGeorge07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
I read online about a month ago that Civilization IV doesn't run on the unibody MacBook's or Pro's. Aspyr had a statement about the architecture changing, and said that they were working on a patch. Does anyone know if that has come to pass yet? I want to buy the game, but I don't want to waste $50 on a high-tech coaster.

3FLryan

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Had the same worry, but bought it anyway. Works like a charm on my uMBP 2.4 ghz with 2 GB RAM.

Not sure about any patches, I bought my copy along with the computer about a week before Thanksgiving and don't remember if I had to download anything special. I'm thinking I didn't, and if I did, it was really easy to do.

Hope you have the same experience.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Excellent, I can finally play it on a mac.

Against my better judgment I bought it ages ago, performance was terrible on my 2 y/o MB. The hooky windows version I acquired ran better via bootcamp, but it was still a bit ropey. I'll install it later on my car-room fresh MBP, mm hmm.

Does it run okay with just the 9400M? I could happily play Civ all day, so I'd prefer to conserve battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.