PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Get Paid yet?

Pages : [1] 2 3

forcesteeler
Jan 19, 2009, 06:49 AM
Anybody get paid for December Sales yet?.

caveman_uk
Jan 19, 2009, 06:54 AM
I haven't. I haven't got the financial reports either so I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

Pring
Jan 19, 2009, 06:56 AM
I haven't. I haven't got the financial reports either so I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

The reports came out on January 6th.. if you don't have them yet then something's wrong.

forcesteeler
Jan 19, 2009, 09:00 AM
The reports came out on January 6th.. if you don't have them yet then something's wrong.

I got mines on the 6 also

caveman_uk
Jan 20, 2009, 03:34 AM
Yes, quite right. I got them on the sixth. Seems so long ago....:o

forcesteeler
Jan 20, 2009, 05:04 PM
still haven't got paid

iTech Dev Sys.
Jan 23, 2009, 08:21 AM
Nothing here, still waiting.

nottooshabby
Jan 23, 2009, 08:25 AM
Nothing here, still waiting.

no payment yet for me either. I only sell on the US app store. last month I got paid on the 23rd, so hopefully the payment is coming soon.

Pring
Jan 23, 2009, 09:02 AM
I got paid for Japan and Australia today. No sign of other countries.

detz
Jan 23, 2009, 09:22 AM
Nothing..last month it was on the 21st so it should be here but I guess they are backed up because the holiday season brought it a lot more traffic. Can't wait, it's been a while since I've had five digits in my personal account. :D

admanimal
Jan 23, 2009, 11:22 AM
I have started getting payments. It seems they are sending out payments from all regions, regardless of whether you made $250+.

CommanderData
Jan 23, 2009, 11:35 AM
I have started getting payments. It seems they are sending out payments from all regions, regardless of whether you made $250+.

In another forum it was discovered that Apple has (in their wisdom) decided to clear all regions at the end of the year whether you hit the $250 minimum or not. So that means you'll see it happen again next January :)

johnnybluejeans
Jan 23, 2009, 11:39 AM

I noticed that myself. Maybe at the end of the year they pay out all remaining balances regardless of the $250 threshold. I know Google does this with adsense.

Jeremy1026
Jan 23, 2009, 11:40 AM
Nothing..last month it was on the 21st so it should be here but I guess they are backed up because the holiday season brought it a lot more traffic. Can't wait, it's been a while since I've had five digits in my personal account. :D

Its been awhile since I've had 5 digits in my account, including decimal places :(

nottooshabby
Jan 23, 2009, 12:08 PM
Anybody seen a daily sales report for the 22nd yet, US store?

ethana
Jan 23, 2009, 01:01 PM
No payments for me yet. No 22nd report yet either.

detz
Jan 23, 2009, 03:07 PM
Canada just arrived...with a $16 fee. :-(

Piratebroadcast
Jan 24, 2009, 03:32 AM
This will be my first check from Apple, so I have no history to base this from. I suppose weekend transactions are out of the question, eh? None of you got your US payment yet?

iTech Dev Sys.
Jan 26, 2009, 08:38 AM
January 26, still waiting!!:eek:

Pring
Jan 26, 2009, 08:39 AM
I have Australia and Japan but nothing else yet.

wonza
Jan 26, 2009, 09:19 AM
I got Canadas through, but thats it so far. Also not got my reports from the 25th either.

rabbit19
Jan 26, 2009, 10:06 AM
I hope the thing about getting paid for all the regions through December is not correct. I started selling around the 19th of December. That means I won't have much in Japan and could ACTUALLY lose money on that region.

On that note has anyone found a bank that doesn't bend you over for international wires? The best I have seen is $10.00.

jclardy
Jan 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
Well that kind of sucks, looks like I may lose money from some regions...still no payment yet though.

JWBlue
Jan 26, 2009, 11:02 AM
On that note has anyone found a bank that doesn't bend you over for international wires? The best I have seen is $10.00.

HSBC Business Direct
10 free wire transfers per month
(5 incoming, 5 outgoing(4))

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/business/checking

5 wires isn't enough to cover all the payments, but it's the one I use. It's $15 per wire over 5.

forcesteeler
Jan 26, 2009, 12:27 PM
No payment still. Damn Apple why does it take a whole month?

With Paypal/Google checkout. i can have my money within 3 days.

I guess apple wants to hold onto the cash to build up some interest%

Jeremy1026
Jan 26, 2009, 12:41 PM

More likely because they have thousands of accounts that they need to confirm sales numbers for before they can pay out. Adsense takes a month for payment, same thing.

JWBlue
Jan 26, 2009, 02:10 PM
Received 2 wires from non-US regions today.

johnnybluejeans
Jan 26, 2009, 02:12 PM

With paypal you are talking about a payment from one person to another.

Depending on how many sales you are generating with iTunes, you could be talking about tens of thousands of transactions over the course of a month, from like 88 different countries around the world. Apple needs to make sure all those transactions have cleared with the respective tens of thousands of banks and credit cards holding those accounts, exchange currencies, follow trade/tax laws for those respective countries etc etc etc.. do I need to go on?

ethana
Jan 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
Still only one payout for me. My guess is that I'll see the rest of them before Jan 31.

rabbit19
Jan 26, 2009, 04:02 PM
Received 2 wires from non-US regions today.

Which ones?

JWBlue
Jan 26, 2009, 08:16 PM
Which ones?

The amounts are kind of strange, so I'm not sure exactly. I should be able to tell tomorrow once it hits the daily bank transactions. Those usually have all the details of wire origination on it.

forcesteeler
Jan 26, 2009, 10:26 PM
well im still waiting. Next week is going to be Feb :(

JWBlue
Jan 27, 2009, 10:24 AM
Which ones?

Japan and Canada.

dejo
Jan 27, 2009, 10:32 AM
So, you've given up on the rest of this week already?

forcesteeler
Jan 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
So, you've given up on the rest of this week already?

Ok ok i got two payments today. Don't know from where by it looks like Canada and Japan. Might get the US payments by the end of this week

johnnybluejeans
Jan 27, 2009, 10:53 AM

By contract they have up to 45 days, so you may be waiting well in to Feb. It will come, don't worry.

ethana
Jan 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
Just checked and now I have two payments... both very small amounts. When are my big payments going to come in? What is taking so long? Usually I'd have it all by now.

Piratebroadcast
Jan 27, 2009, 05:40 PM
This will be my first check... I'm starting to think it will never come.

rabbit19
Jan 28, 2009, 12:00 PM
This will be my first check... I'm starting to think it will never come.

I know .... I am so excited to get money for this stuff. I'm surprised citi bank hasn't called me to tell me to stop checking my account every five minutes.

Piratebroadcast
Jan 28, 2009, 12:16 PM
I know .... I am so excited to get money for this stuff. I'm surprised citi bank hasn't called me to tell me to stop checking my account every five minutes.

Set up an email notification with Citi bank. You get an email when deposits are made, so you only have to check your email every 5 minutes... like I do. This waiting game SUCKS. Hopefully you guys will reply to this forum when $$ comes in, and Ill do the same.

JWBlue
Jan 28, 2009, 12:57 PM
Japan and Canada.

Australia came in yesterday. Waiting on the majors now.

bobfitz14
Jan 28, 2009, 01:07 PM
i'm curious, does anyone know how much the average app developer makes on the App Store?

dejo
Jan 28, 2009, 01:09 PM
i'm curious, does anyone know how much the average app developer makes on the App Store?
Only Apple knows that and they're not saying.

Jeremy1026
Jan 28, 2009, 01:16 PM

The gold mine numbers that are released are not the norm.

bobfitz14
Jan 28, 2009, 06:39 PM
Only Apple knows that and they're not saying.

The gold mine numbers that are released are not the norm.

oh i was just wondering if like the normal app developer raked in a couple hundred or like a couple thousand a month.

i'm not going into the app business, just something i was curious about.

Delirium39
Jan 28, 2009, 06:56 PM
oh i was just wondering if like the normal app developer raked in a couple hundred or like a couple thousand a month.

i'm not going into the app business, just something i was curious about.

It varies quite a bit. A single app may bring in thousands per day, or $5. And a developer may have one app, or fifty. There is no normal app developer. But I will say that the top 5% makes 95% of the money.

admanimal
Jan 28, 2009, 09:25 PM
Got my US payment today.

return7
Jan 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
still waiting on US. have 3 small payments that came in monday but that's it so far :\

detz
Jan 29, 2009, 06:30 AM
US came today, so I've received US and CA.

jclardy
Jan 29, 2009, 07:52 AM
I just received my US payment today, i'm hoping they don't wire me Japan though, cause i'm pretty sure I only have about $5 and Wachovia's gonna charge me $15 :(

forcesteeler
Jan 29, 2009, 08:11 AM
USA payment came today. Waiting for the other payments from Europe

Jeremy1026
Jan 29, 2009, 08:15 AM
I just got US.

nottooshabby
Jan 29, 2009, 04:49 PM
No US payment for me yet. :(

UPDATE: US posted this morning.

ethana
Jan 29, 2009, 05:23 PM
I got USA today as well the biggest and most important one of the bunch. 3 regions down, 4 to go.

Ethan

Niiro13
Jan 29, 2009, 05:29 PM
United States is in finally. I don't think Europe is, though...or the United Kingdom.

rabbit19
Jan 29, 2009, 10:41 PM
I know some people did get paid for regions they didn't have $250, but I didn't. I had like $175 worth of sales in Europe. So here are my questions. 1) Was anyone at the end of the year end contract with Apple? (I don't think this the case for anyone. Even the people who were admitted early didn't start a year ago from what I recall) 2) Are you in country that mandates payments at year end? 3) Who has got the smallest check from where?

admanimal
Jan 29, 2009, 11:34 PM
I know some people did get paid for regions they didn't have $250, but I didn't. I had like $175 worth of sales in Europe. So here are my questions. 1) Was anyone at the end of the year end contract with Apple? (I don't think this the case for anyone. Even the people who were admitted early didn't start a year ago from what I recall) 2) Are you in country that mandates payments at year end? 3) Who has got the smallest check from where?

I don't think anyone has received a payment from Europe yet.

ethana
Jan 30, 2009, 12:18 PM
Still waiting on EU, UK, and AU (I think).

Ethan

Jeremy1026
Jan 30, 2009, 01:01 PM
I just got an international payment today. No sure from where though :confused:

Edit: I just got off the phone with my bank, it turns out it came out of Ireland, could that be GB?

Niiro13
Jan 30, 2009, 02:18 PM

So far three of my five payments were under $250.

1) No, mine expires in the summer.
2) United States...dunno if it mandates payments.
3) My smallest is Australia which is about a hundred below the minimum. It's not surprising that the lowest would be from Australia. It's technically the smallest (not in landsize) region...I think.

ethana
Feb 2, 2009, 12:26 PM
Anyone got UK or Europe yet? I STILL don't have those regions.

Ethan

detz
Feb 2, 2009, 01:21 PM
No UK, EU, or AU yet.

ethana
Feb 4, 2009, 12:01 PM
STILL nothing... this is getting frustrating.

forcesteeler
Feb 4, 2009, 12:58 PM
Still waiting on the EU. Damn why does it take so long to pay us?

If i sell something on Ebay, Paypal takes 2-4 days to get your money. It takes Apple damn near a whole month or longer? :)

Jeremy1026
Feb 4, 2009, 01:01 PM
Still waiting on the EU. Damn why does it take so long to pay us?

If i sell something on Ebay, Paypal takes 2-4 days to get your money. It takes Apple damn near a whole month or longer? :)

Because when you sell something on ebay it is a person to person transaction. With the app store its a person to corporation to person. And in the case of EU payments, its a person to corp, internationally to the US, then to person. There are a lot more complications when you add in the extra variables. If you can't take the wait, you might want to get out of development for this platform and move towards a platform where you can require payments directly to you.

forcesteeler
Feb 4, 2009, 02:19 PM
Because when you sell something on ebay it is a person to person transaction. With the app store its a person to corporation to person. And in the case of EU payments, its a person to corp, internationally to the US, then to person. There are a lot more complications when you add in the extra variables. If you can't take the wait, you might want to get out of development for this platform and move towards a platform where you can require payments directly to you.

Isn't that the samething with ebay?.

Buyer Bids on your item, Buyer Pays PayPal(Corporation) > PayPal pays you!

Buyer see your app, Buyer pays Itunes(Apple)> Apple pays you!.

I can see where your coming from. I just think apple is to slow and doesn't care because there is no competition .

Just like it takes 1-2 Week to approve your application for the App store!! :rolleyes:

JWBlue
Feb 4, 2009, 02:39 PM
They're waiting for the EUR and GBP to erode further screwing US sellers. :p

admanimal
Feb 4, 2009, 03:05 PM
Isn't that the samething with ebay?.

Buyer Bids on your item, Buyer Pays PayPal(Corporation) > PayPal pays you!

Buyer see your app, Buyer pays Itunes(Apple)> Apple pays you!.

:

The difference is that the money that Apple pays any one developer comes from processing thousands of credit card transactions and then getting that money from the credit card company. Then there is probably extra accounting and taxes that they have to handle since they are actually the ones selling the software and also making money from it. Multiply this by tens of thousands of developers and 20-something different countries and it shouldn't be that hard to imagine how this process takes a while. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if the App Store payment processing is combined with the rest of iTunes payment processing behind the scenes, which increases the scale of the process by several orders of magnitude.

A single eBay transaction doesn't even compare in scale to what Apple has to do to get you your money for a month.

forcesteeler
Feb 4, 2009, 03:33 PM
The difference is that the money that Apple pays any one developer comes from processing thousands of credit card transactions and then getting that money from the credit card company. Then there is probably extra accounting and taxes that they have to handle since they are actually the ones selling the software and also making money from it. Multiply this by tens of thousands of developers and 20-something different countries and it shouldn't be that hard to imagine how this process takes a while. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if the App Store payment processing is combined with the rest of iTunes payment processing behind the scenes, which increases the scale of the process by several orders of magnitude.

A single eBay transaction doesn't even compare in scale to what Apple has to do to get you your money for a month.

Ebay/Paypal has over 150 Million Accounts all over the world that buy/sell every day. they process credit card transactions the same way Apple does. Apple only has 40-50 Million Itunes accounts.

I think its Apples lack of developer support is the reason.

They took a whole month to process my Contracts, They take Weeks(Some developers claim months) to approve a application. I think its the same when it comes to being paid also.

I don't mean to be a cry baby but sometimes you have to voice your opinion . Because if you don't they will feel like they can walk all over you.

Jeremy1026
Feb 4, 2009, 03:43 PM
Ebay/Paypal has over 150 Million Accounts all over the world that buy/sell every day. they process credit card transactions the same way Apple does. Apple only has 40-50 Million Itunes accounts.

I think its Apples lack of developer support is the reason.

They took a whole month to process my Contracts, They take Weeks(Some developers claim months) to approve a application. I think its the same when it comes to being paid also.

I don't mean to be a cry baby but sometimes you have to voice your opinion . Because if you don't they will feel like they can walk all over you.

The music side of iTunes is done the same way. Its their business model, take it or leave it.

admanimal
Feb 4, 2009, 03:45 PM
Google Adsense also works in a similar manner. Payments aren't received until the end of the following month.

Apple is taking longer than normal this cycle, but also keep in mind that they appear to be sending out payments from all 7 regions for everybody.

ethana
Feb 4, 2009, 08:17 PM
Official Apple response sent to me today:

Hello

We haven't sent the February 15th payments for EUR or GBP yet.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

 Dean Migchelbrink | iTunes Finance | Apple Inc

So yes, it's coming before Feb 15th.

Ethan

Jeremy1026
Feb 4, 2009, 08:31 PM
Official Apple response sent to me today:

So yes, it's coming before Feb 15th.

Ethan

Is that for all Eur, UK payments, or just those over $250(USD)?

forcesteeler
Feb 4, 2009, 10:38 PM
Is that for all Eur, UK payments, or just those over $250(USD)?

There flushing out all December payments. So its under $250 included also.

Pring
Feb 5, 2009, 03:50 AM
That's... odd. I got paid Britain and Europe last week

30 Jan 2009 ITL CLR14DEC08EUR010 , RBS******* , ITUNES SARL
30 Jan 2009 ITL CLR4DEC08GBP0100 , RBS******* , ITUNES SARL

rabbit19
Feb 5, 2009, 07:59 PM
There flushing out all December payments. So its under $250 included also.

I don't know if this is true. I just got US money.

forcesteeler
Feb 5, 2009, 08:02 PM
I don't know if this is true. I just got US money.

US deposit is usually the largest

ethana
Feb 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
Has anyone else on this forum STILL not gotten EU/UK payments besides me????

admanimal
Feb 6, 2009, 12:06 PM
I think most of us are still waiting for those.

forcesteeler
Feb 6, 2009, 12:39 PM
Has anyone else on this forum STILL not gotten EU/UK payments besides me????

I didn't get mine yet. Only the US and the rest of the regions. Still waiting on the EU :(. Next week we are suppose to get our Financial Reports

forcesteeler
Feb 9, 2009, 10:04 PM
Anyone get the EU yet?

Jeremy1026
Feb 9, 2009, 10:07 PM
Anyone get the EU yet?

Stop bitching, you'll get it when you get it.

forcesteeler
Feb 9, 2009, 10:52 PM
Stop bitching, you'll get it when you get it.

Be quiet little boy.

bbrosemer
Feb 10, 2009, 12:37 AM
Just checking so say Jan was my first month over 250 because i only had like 2 days of apps in dec .... when should I expect to be paid for Jan/Dec

detz
Feb 10, 2009, 06:53 AM
WTF, I'm getting financial reports for January when the money for December(GB, EU and AU) hasn't come in yet.

ethana
Feb 10, 2009, 12:18 PM
WTF, I'm getting financial reports for January when the money for December(GB, EU and AU) hasn't come in yet.

Me too! What the hell is going on.

CarlosH
Feb 10, 2009, 07:47 PM
Me too! What the hell is going on.

I asked ITSPayments, and received this answer:

Hello

Payments from the App Store have payment terms of net 45 days following the end of the fiscal period. This means your December payments are due February 15.

I haven't yet received EU, GB, AU, CA, and EU. Hope we get paid soon.:mad:

ethana
Feb 12, 2009, 11:45 AM
Grrrr... still nothing. I will wait it out until Monday/Tuesday of next week, but this is getting frustrating. I am still missing over $800 total from EU/UK/AU.

forcesteeler
Feb 12, 2009, 06:29 PM
Grrrr... still nothing. I will wait it out until Monday/Tuesday of next week, but this is getting frustrating. I am still missing over $800 total from EU/UK/AU.

They have till tommorrow or i will curse them out.

Jeremy1026
Feb 12, 2009, 07:47 PM
They have till tommorrow or i will curse them out.

Too bad by contract they have til the 15th. So you'd still be premature with your bitching.

forcesteeler
Feb 12, 2009, 08:11 PM
Too bad by contract they have til the 15th. So you'd still be premature with your bitching.

smoke crack

johnnybluejeans
Feb 13, 2009, 11:13 AM
Looks like I have UK coming through today. Still no EU yet.

dejo
Feb 13, 2009, 11:17 AM
smoke crack
How does a comment like this help?

JWBlue
Feb 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
I still have nothing and the banks are closed on the weekend. :confused:

CarlosH
Feb 13, 2009, 06:32 PM

Same here. Very frustrating!.

dejo
Feb 13, 2009, 07:09 PM
Can wire transfers only be made during business hours?

admanimal
Feb 13, 2009, 09:58 PM
I have both the EU and UK payments pending in my account now. They will clear tomorrow.

detz
Feb 14, 2009, 07:21 AM
I have both the EU and UK payments pending in my account now. They will clear tomorrow.

Damn you, 14th and still nothing. Payments for Jan should start rolling in next week and they still don't December done.

CarlosH
Feb 14, 2009, 09:42 AM
Damn you, 14th and still nothing. Payments for Jan should start rolling in next week and they still don't December done.

Same here. I will call my bank on monday, and if nothing is pending, I am calling @iTSPayments directly, maybe I can get someone to check what is happening with my account.:mad:

admanimal
Feb 14, 2009, 12:16 PM
If it's any consolation, I usually tend to see payments in my account before most other people do, for whatever reason.

forcesteeler
Feb 14, 2009, 01:43 PM

I don't know why does a Wire transfer take so long. I can transfer money to someone and the longest it would take is 2-3 Days. Not 45 Days!

ethana
Feb 14, 2009, 02:04 PM
My guess is we'll all have them in our account on the 16th. Sometimes a wire transfer can take a day or two, and since the 15th falls on a Sunday, it could be until the following Tuesday that they all are there.

admanimal
Feb 14, 2009, 03:29 PM
I don't know why does a Wire transfer take so long. I can transfer money to someone and the longest it would take is 2-3 Days. Not 45 Days!

For the 800000th time, there is clearly a lot of extra work behind the scenes beyond just wiring money to one person. There may have even been extra work in the case of December, since it would be the last set of payments for the tax year.

Or if we all agree that Apple is a big stupid money hoarding monster, would you stop whining?

forcesteeler
Feb 14, 2009, 05:00 PM
For the 800000th time, there is clearly a lot of extra work behind the scenes beyond just wiring money to one person. There may have even been extra work in the case of December, since it would be the last set of payments for the tax year.

Or if we all agree that Apple is a big stupid money hoarding monster, would you stop whining?

Right..... Just like it take 3 weeks to review 1 application!!.;)

Jeremy1026
Feb 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
Right..... Just like it take 3 weeks to review 1 application!!.;)

If they were only reviewing one application every 3 weeks, that would make sense. But since they are accepting a couple hundred a week, your argument fails to land.

forcesteeler
Feb 14, 2009, 06:22 PM
If they were only reviewing one application every 3 weeks, that would make sense. But since they are accepting a couple hundred a week, your argument fails to land.

Yeah but your suppose to have enough employees to fill the request of your customers. Apple should hire more people.

Take example you order a MACPRO computer from apple and they ship it via Fedex on 2/15/09 and you don't get it until March,15, 2009 and FedEx is saying "We receive millions of packages a day" so that's why your package took a whole month to get to your doorstep.

You can understand there argument but you would think Fedex will hire more people to speed up the process. It should not take a whole month to ship a package. Just like it should not take 45 days to get paid or 3-4 weeks just to get your application approved. :rolleyes:

Jeremy1026
Feb 15, 2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah but your suppose to have enough employees to fill the request of your customers. Apple should hire more people.

Take example you order a MACPRO computer from apple and they ship it via Fedex on 2/15/09 and you don't get it until March,15, 2009 and FedEx is saying "We receive millions of packages a day" so that's why your package took a whole month to get to your doorstep.

You can understand there argument but you would think Fedex will hire more people to speed up the process. It should not take a whole month to ship a package. Just like it should not take 45 days to get paid or 3-4 weeks just to get your application approved. :rolleyes:

Fine, Apple hires more people, and to help with that cost, they take 50% of every sale instead of 30%. Is that worth it for the extra 2 weeks to go blow your money at the candy store?

detz
Feb 16, 2009, 08:07 AM
Where does it say they have until 45 days to get it to you? I'm curious, I'm probably going to call tomorrow so I want to know where in the contract it says that.

CarlosH
Feb 16, 2009, 08:19 AM
Where does it say they have until 45 days to get it to you? I'm curious, I'm probably going to call tomorrow so I want to know where in the contract it says that.

3.5 Upon collection of any amounts from any end-user as the price for any Licensed Application delivered to that end-user hereunder, Apple shall deduct the full amount of its commission with respect to that Licensed Application, and any taxes collected by Apple under Section 3.2 hereof, and shall remit to You, or issue a credit in Your favor, as the case may be, the remainder of those prices on a monthly basis, no later than forty-five (45) days following the close of the month in which that amount was received by Apple. Each remittance by Apple under this Section 3.5 shall be accompanied by a sales report in sufficient detail to permit You to verify the accuracy and completeness of the amount remitted by Apple. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Apple shall be entitled to a commission, in accordance with this Section 3.5 on the delivery of any Licensed Application to any end-user, even if Apple is unable to collect the price for that Licensed Application from that end-user. In the event that the purchase price received by Apple from any end-user for any Licensed Application is in a currency other than the remittance currency agreed between Apple and You, the purchase price for that Licensed Application shall be converted to the remittance currency, and the amount to be remitted by Apple to You shall be determined, in accordance with an exchange rate fixed for the Delivery Period, as reflected in Exhibit C attached hereto.

Here. Schedule 2 of the contract.

detz
Feb 16, 2009, 08:21 AM
Here. Schedule 2 of the contract.

The key to that is the part after the bold,

"in which that amount was received by Apple"

So they can claim they didn't receive if from users for what ever reason until yesterday so they still have 45 days. Damn lawyers and their tricky writing.

CarlosH
Feb 16, 2009, 08:24 AM
The key to that is the part after the bold,

So they can claim they didn't receive if from users for what ever reason until yesterday so they still have 45 days. Damn lawyers and their tricky writing.

Yeah, you may be right. I am waiting today, if I don't see nothing, I will call them tomorrow.

firewood
Feb 16, 2009, 10:33 AM

The monthly financial reports document how much Apple claims they received for each application they sell. There's already a lag of a few days between the totals of the number of units in the download reports and the totals in the financial reports.

Basically, if you are a developer with a paid app in the store, you agreed to a contract letting Apple keep your 70% share of the purchase price for 45 days. How many of you pay your phone bill, rent, mortgage, etc. before the due date?

jnic
Feb 16, 2009, 10:42 AM
Basically, if you are a developer with a paid app in the store, you agreed to a contract letting Apple keep your 70% share of the purchase price for 45 days. How many of you pay your phone bill, rent, mortgage, etc. before the due date?

And of course during the 45 days before Apple processes payments they're earning interest on it. So there's basically no economic incentive other than contract law to encourage Apple to behave any differently.

CarlosH
Feb 16, 2009, 11:35 AM

I received this email today:

Hello,

The EUR and GBP payments were wired on Thursday and Friday respectively. They should fund in your account on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest, depending on your bank's wire policies.

So there is hope.

Jeremy1026
Feb 16, 2009, 12:14 PM
Don't forget fellas (and ladies) today is Presidents Day, just about every US bank is closed, therefore no wires will be processed today.

Williamapps
Feb 16, 2009, 07:47 PM
I haven't get any region payment for Dec yet.
They ask me twice W-8BEN since it has been already sent them last week.
And i got all of my apps frozen since then http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=651483&highlight=what%27s+up+with+itunes

What the hell is going on.

detz
Feb 17, 2009, 06:35 AM
still nothing, I think the people at Apple have no idea what they're talking about.

forcesteeler
Feb 17, 2009, 08:09 AM
Still didn't get my EU payments. its Day 47

:(

detz
Feb 17, 2009, 09:44 AM
Still didn't get my EU payments. its Day 47

:(

So I sent off an email and I'm being talking to two people and this is what I've learned. They send payments and if they fail they don't fix the problem and resend they fix it and wait for the next batch. So, if the payments failed last month for these countries then we have to wait until this month to see if they go through. She told me it's a trial and error since there are so many factors, if a payment fails they have to find out why and try to fix it, they have 58,000 accounts to do this with so they can't just fix and resend it off. Makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is AUD failed(she sent me the record) but she said that GBP and EUR were sent on the 10th with no issues yet I didn't get them. So this tell me that they might not know there is an issue therefor they can't fix it so it's important that you keep track of everything and contact them if you don't get the payment. They are now going to look at what happened to those payments and try to fix them for this months batch process.

ethana
Feb 17, 2009, 01:18 PM
Because of the weekend and holiday, I am going to give Apple an extra day.

If I don't get my money by tomorrow from EU/UK/AU, I am going to start shooting off emails to Apple.

Ethan

freshking
Feb 17, 2009, 01:20 PM
This is what they wrote me today:

I will look into the EUR payment. Either way, the January amounts due, along with any open balances, are going out later this week.

admanimal
Feb 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
I think the transfer failures can be pretty sporadic and for no apparent reason, too. Normally I get payments for all regions just fine, but one month I missed one (can't remember which) and sure enough next month I got it along with the income from the following month (yes it was above $250 both months). So it's not like it's because your bank info is incorrect or anything necessarily...something mysterious just goes wrong somewhere.

firewood
Feb 17, 2009, 10:27 PM
Today, my bank account says that 2 new wire transfers are now pending. The amounts were posted, but not the details (payer or region).

ymmv.

Williamapps
Feb 17, 2009, 11:34 PM
detz, what's the number can reach to Apple's USA internal people? Thanks

So I sent off an email and I'm being talking to two people and this is what I've learned. They send payments and if they fail they don't fix the problem and resend they fix it and wait for the next batch. So, if the payments failed last month for these countries then we have to wait until this month to see if they go through. She told me it's a trial and error since there are so many factors, if a payment fails they have to find out why and try to fix it, they have 58,000 accounts to do this with so they can't just fix and resend it off. Makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is AUD failed(she sent me the record) but she said that GBP and EUR were sent on the 10th with no issues yet I didn't get them. So this tell me that they might not know there is an issue therefor they can't fix it so it's important that you keep track of everything and contact them if you don't get the payment. They are now going to look at what happened to those payments and try to fix them for this months batch process.

forcesteeler
Feb 18, 2009, 06:02 AM
nothing still.

detz
Feb 18, 2009, 06:39 AM
detz, what's the number can reach to Apple's USA internal people? Thanks

itspayments@apple.com

nothing still.

Like I said above they send out payments once a month in a batch which usually starts around the 20-23th of the month. If you're waiting for payments from last month they should come with this payment.

Piratebroadcast
Feb 18, 2009, 08:26 AM
So I take it we are all eagerly waiting for Januarys payments... Anybody get paid yet?

Jeremy1026
Feb 18, 2009, 08:50 AM
So I take it we are all eagerly waiting for Januarys payments... Anybody get paid yet?

It's still very early for January payments.

forcesteeler
Feb 18, 2009, 08:56 AM
January Payments should start hitting your accounts next week.

dejo
Feb 18, 2009, 09:08 AM
January Payments should start hitting your accounts next week.
Unless you're forcesteeler or detz... ;)

forcesteeler, have you received any payments yet?

detz
Feb 18, 2009, 09:17 AM

I've received payments just not for GBP, EUR or AUD because supposedly there was an issue. Hopefully I will get those payments with January payments...we'll see.

ethana
Feb 18, 2009, 01:43 PM
Finally got my UK payment today. I expect my EUR payment tomorrow.

johnnybluejeans
Feb 18, 2009, 03:19 PM
Finally got my UK payment today. I expect my EUR payment tomorrow.

I recieved my UK payment last Friday, no EUR payment since.

forcesteeler
Feb 18, 2009, 05:58 PM

didn't get my December EU payments.

Im waiting on my January Payments. I hope it comes tomorrow but i assume it will most likely come next week:cool:

Williamapps
Feb 18, 2009, 07:37 PM
itspayments@apple.com

Like I said above they send out payments once a month in a batch which usually starts around the 20-23th of the month. If you're waiting for payments from last month they should come with this payment.

Thank you detz, there is nothing replay from this email address.
I'd like phone call them directly.

detz
Feb 18, 2009, 07:45 PM
Thank you detz, there is nothing replay from this email address.
I'd like phone call them directly.

No idea, every time I call they tell me to email that address. I got a response within a few hours of emailing them.

Drumerdude
Feb 18, 2009, 10:12 PM
How much do you usually get paid. Is it by how many apps you sell, or you only get a percent of the profit from the priced apps?

Piratebroadcast
Feb 18, 2009, 10:17 PM
How much do you usually get paid. Is it by how many apps you sell, or you only get a percent of the profit from the priced apps?

Holy crap dude.
Try this link:

http://***********/?q=how+much+do+iphone+apps+make%3F

Jeremy1026
Feb 18, 2009, 10:54 PM

Holy crap dude.
Try this link:

http://***********/?q=how+much+do+iphone+apps+make%3F

Pirate: Gee smart ass, that link gave him no information.

Drumer: You get paid 70% of the price of the app * how many times it is sold. So if you have a $.99 app that sells 400 times in a month, you would make (.99 * .7) * 400, $277.20.

forcesteeler
Feb 18, 2009, 11:25 PM

If your a registered developer you can watch the Video on the App Store it will walk you through the whole process

firewood
Feb 19, 2009, 01:07 AM
The bank received 6 total wire transfers for me in the last 4 weeks. The payments coming from Japan, U.S, and the U.K regions, I could figure out. But what regions could these 3 other Apple/iTunes payments represent:

01/23/09 WT ... CITIBANK LIMITED /ORG=APPLE PTY LIMITED ...
01/30/09 WT FED#... BANK OF AMERICA NA /ORG= ITUNES SARL ...
02/17/09 WT ... SOCIETE GENERALE /ORG= ITUNES SARL ...
?

CarlosH
Feb 19, 2009, 09:21 AM
The bank received 6 total wire transfers for me in the last 4 weeks. The payments coming from Japan, U.S, and the U.K regions, I could figure out. But what regions could these 3 other Apple/iTunes payments represent:

01/23/09 WT ... CITIBANK LIMITED /ORG=APPLE PTY LIMITED ...
01/30/09 WT FED#... BANK OF AMERICA NA /ORG= ITUNES SARL ...
02/17/09 WT ... SOCIETE GENERALE /ORG= ITUNES SARL ...
?

USA, Mexico, South America in USD from APPLE INC. in San Francisco, USA
Canada in CAD from APPLE CANADA, INC. in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Australia AUD from APPLE PTY LTD in Brisbane, Australia
New Zealand in NZD from APPLE PTY LTD in Brisbane, Australia
Europe in EUR from ITUNES SARL in Luxembourg
UK in GBP from ITUNES SARL in Luxembourg
170: Japan in JPY from ITUNES K.K. in Tokyo, Japan

This is the information I got from Apple.

rubyruby
Feb 19, 2009, 10:08 AM

Hello Carlos,

do you collect and remit taxes for countries like New Zealand and Mexico on your own? Because Apple states in Exhibit B Apple shall not collect and remit the taxes described in Section 3.2 of this Schedule 2 for sales of
the Licensed Applications to end-users located in the countries listed below. You shall be solely
responsible for the collection and remittance of such taxes as may be required by local law.

This seems to me like a lot of paper work...

Regards,

rubyruby

CarlosH
Feb 19, 2009, 10:11 AM
Hello Carlos,

do you collect and remit taxes for countries like New Zealand and Mexico on your own? Because Apple states in Exhibit B

This seems to me like a lot of paper work...

Regards,

rubyruby

I should, but I don't right now. In my country there is no way they can track this type of transactions, until then, I am free without taxes :)

rubyruby
Feb 19, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your answer. You are a lucky guy ;)

ethana
Feb 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
*sigh*

This is frustrating. STILL nothing from EU, and that's $900 alone to me missing. This better not happen next month!

MacToddB
Feb 19, 2009, 09:34 PM
Got a couple of payments recently.

2/13 from UK - EUR (Euros?)
2/17 from UK - GBP (Great British Pounds?)

Before that, my first ever set of payments came between 1/22 and 1/30. So, either the 2/13-17 payments are early...or late!

Drumerdude
Feb 19, 2009, 10:13 PM
Pirate: Gee smart ass, that link gave him no information.

Drumer: You get paid 70% of the price of the app * how many times it is sold. So if you have a $.99 app that sells 400 times in a month, you would make (.99 * .7) * 400, $277.20.

Thanks, I am not a registered developer yet. Once I get the sdk and develop a few apps with my friend, I am going to sign up.

JWBlue
Feb 19, 2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks, I am not a registered developer yet. Once I get the sdk and develop a few apps with my friend, I am going to sign up.

You should register ASAP. In the past, registering and then signing contracts sometimes took weeks, if not months.

Williamapps
Feb 19, 2009, 10:33 PM
They said i can expect this payment by end of Feb

johnnybluejeans
Feb 20, 2009, 09:15 AM
My December EU payment finally came through today. I now have received all of my December payments.

firewood
Feb 20, 2009, 09:33 AM

Interesting. My bank seems to have received one extra ITUNES SARL (3 of them, from: BANK OF AMERICA NA, NATIONAL WESTMIN, and SOCIETE GENERALE). Where do WW (rest of the world) payments come from?

Thanks.

forcesteeler
Feb 20, 2009, 03:43 PM
My December EU payment finally came through today. I now have received all of my December payments.

Still waiting on the EU. I might get it next week

CarlosH
Feb 20, 2009, 04:30 PM
Interesting. My bank seems to have received one extra ITUNES SARL (3 of them, from: BANK OF AMERICA NA, NATIONAL WESTMIN, and SOCIETE GENERALE). Where do WW (rest of the world) payments come from?

Thanks.

Bank of America is WW

Drumerdude
Feb 20, 2009, 09:54 PM
You should register ASAP. In the past, registering and then signing contracts sometimes took weeks, if not months.

I would, but I still have to get the SDK. I'm not in a big rush, but I do want to register before I finish my first app.

One quick question. Do you have to pay to be a developer, or do you pay when you start putting apps in the apps store.

MacToddB
Feb 21, 2009, 01:05 AM
I would, but I still have to get the SDK. I'm not in a big rush, but I do want to register before I finish my first app.

One quick question. Do you have to pay to be a developer, or do you pay when you start putting apps in the apps store.

The SDK is free, but if you want to submit apps, or even just test it out on a real iPhone or iPod Touch, you need register and pay Apple's $99 entrance fee.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/download.html
http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/

forcesteeler
Feb 21, 2009, 09:25 AM
I'm not in a big rush, Do you have to pay to be a developer, or do you pay when you start putting apps in the apps store.

Better get on the ball ASAP. Because to Register, Get your Contracts approved, Get your application approved and to receive payment is a 3-4 Month in it self. You'd be lucky to get things going by May :D:D

The Smart thing to do is register now and while your contracts/bank info are waiting to be approved you can work on your applications/bug fixes in the meantime.

forcesteeler
Feb 23, 2009, 06:01 AM
I got the World Payments today

Piratebroadcast
Feb 23, 2009, 07:42 AM
Om hoping to get US today

Piratebroadcast
Feb 24, 2009, 07:56 AM
Ive been checking my accounts starting yesterday... Anybody get paid yet? Am I waiting too early?

rubyruby
Feb 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
The Smart thing to do is register now and while your contracts/bank info are waiting to be approved you can work on your applications/bug fixes in the meantime.

Where do I enter my bank information and make a contract? Is this possible before submitting an app?

Regards,

rubyruby

Piratebroadcast
Feb 24, 2009, 08:50 AM
Where do I enter my bank information and make a contract? Is this possible before submitting an app?

Regards,

rubyruby

Can you PLEASE post these questions in the correct forum thread? People are monitoring these for information about payment dispersals and this is obviously not what you are talking about. "Anyone get paid yet?" is not the correct thread for you to be asking these questions.

Piratebroadcast
Feb 24, 2009, 08:53 AM

Regards,

rubyruby

but to answer your question, google "itunes connect" and click on the one with the URL that contains "phobos".. probably will be the first or second result. enter your apple ID. that is the correct portal for managing all of that stuff.
This will only work if you paid the $99 and received your developer license.

forcesteeler
Feb 24, 2009, 01:06 PM
Looks like i finally got the EU today ;)

Piratebroadcast
Feb 24, 2009, 01:50 PM
Looks like i finally got the EU today ;)

That is for January 2009 payment? When do you expect US?

Thanks for the updates, Forcesteeler. Ill keep you posted on my reception of funds as well.

Niiro13
Feb 24, 2009, 05:42 PM
Almost the end of the month and no US...I know they actually have until March 17th, but it'd be nice to get the payment soon :P.

Piratebroadcast
Feb 25, 2009, 08:42 AM
anyone have any news?

Williamapps
Feb 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
still no Dec, Jun 2009. what a shame apple:confused:

Piratebroadcast
Feb 25, 2009, 11:51 AM
still no Dec, Jun 2009. what a shame apple:confused:

you havent got paid for your december sales yet? somethings wrong.

Most of us got that money a month ago.

forcesteeler
Feb 25, 2009, 12:22 PM
That is for January 2009 payment? When do you expect US?

Thanks for the updates, Forcesteeler. Ill keep you posted on my reception of funds as well.

It was the December payments. The US should hit by tommorrow or Next Week

MacToddB
Feb 25, 2009, 12:39 PM
you havent got paid for your december sales yet? somethings wrong.

Most of us got that money a month ago.

I think Williamapps was the poster (on another thread) whose apps were mysteriously removed. William, maybe someone has access to your iTunes account, and not only changed your app status, but perhaps your bank accounts? Look into it, and change your password!

detz
Feb 25, 2009, 12:45 PM
If you're not getting paid check with your bank and see if they have a different SWIFT Code for each country. I got my domestic payments but not one international one, I went to the bank and I was told that international wire transfers require a different Swift code, when I signed up Apple didn't ask this but if you email them they can change it. Also, Apple only attepts to send payments once a month, if it fails fora any reason you have to wait until the next payment cycle to see if the changes worked. It really sucks, I'm waiting for payments form December for EUR, GBP and AUD.

forcesteeler
Feb 26, 2009, 08:41 AM
If you're not getting paid check with your bank and see if they have a different SWIFT Code for each country. I got my domestic payments but not one international one, I went to the bank and I was told that international wire transfers require a different Swift code, when I signed up Apple didn't ask this but if you email them they can change it. Also, Apple only attepts to send payments once a month, if it fails fora any reason you have to wait until the next payment cycle to see if the changes worked. It really sucks, I'm waiting for payments form December for EUR, GBP and AUD.

No US payments yet

Piratebroadcast
Feb 26, 2009, 08:44 AM
I also have no money pending.

ethana
Feb 26, 2009, 10:55 AM
I have only gotten my worldwide payment so far. 1 down, 6 to go. Hopefully we'll get the US payment either on Friday or Monday.

Ethan

Piratebroadcast
Feb 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
hopefully the US will hit tomorrow... what do you guys think the odds of that are?

forcesteeler
Feb 26, 2009, 09:23 PM
hopefully the US will hit tomorrow... what do you guys think the odds of that are?

I say very slim. February is a short month :o We might not get it until mid march.

I do hope i can get it tomorrow so Saturday i can go to the Mercedes Benz Dealership and be driving by Monday ;)

Piratebroadcast
Feb 26, 2009, 09:28 PM
I say very slim. February is a short month :o We might not get it until mid march.

I do hope i can get it tomorrow so Saturday i can go to the Mercedes Benz Dealership and be driving by Monday ;)

No kidding? ha! Well done then, my friend! May I ask what app os yours? no worries if you'd rather not say. I was thinking, yes Feb is a short month, but if anything that would affect March payouts rather than January to Feb.

forcesteeler
Feb 26, 2009, 09:57 PM
No kidding? ha! Well done then, my friend! May I ask what app os yours? no worries if you'd rather not say. I was thinking, yes Feb is a short month, but if anything that would affect March payouts rather than January to Feb.

Prefer not to say because i don't want to build up any "Haters" but im in the top 20 app category. Id still say we get the US between the middle of march. I don't think we are going to get it in Feb.

Piratebroadcast
Feb 26, 2009, 09:59 PM
Prefer not to say because i don't want to build up any "Haters" but im in the top 20 app category. Id still say we get the US between the middle of march. I don't think we are going to get it in Feb.

congrats!!

Williamapps
Feb 26, 2009, 09:59 PM
I think Williamapps was the poster (on another thread) whose apps were mysteriously removed. William, maybe someone has access to your iTunes account, and not only changed your app status, but perhaps your bank accounts? Look into it, and change your password!

I already done for changed the ps.
I guess there is only apple inside people can access my account or behind system to change them. Because if some one access from my apple id, i can change them back. but now i can't. It mast be apple internal problem.

Thank you MacTobbB for pay attention to this issue.

Piratebroadcast
Feb 26, 2009, 10:02 PM
I already done for changed the ps.
I guess there is only apple inside people can access my account or behind system to change them. Because if some one access from my apple id, i can change them back. but now i can't. It mast be apple internal problem.

Thank you MacTobbB for pay attention to this issue.

First of all, thank you for the Epic English Fail. Secondly, dude... If you cant access your account, that kinda DOES point to the fact that somebody changed your password and locked you out.

Williamapps
Feb 27, 2009, 04:49 AM
First of all, thank you for the Epic English Fail. Secondly, dude... If you cant access your account, that kinda DOES point to the fact that somebody changed your password and locked you out.

Sorry, I mean, I can access my account but can not change them back.

forcesteeler
Feb 27, 2009, 06:25 AM
No US:o

Piratebroadcast
Feb 27, 2009, 06:56 AM
No US:o

Im seeing some impending wire transfer for about 100 bucks? Weird. Maybe Apple is still cashing out low amounts from the end of the year or something?
No US. If it's not here in the morning, its not coming today, right? (Im a newbie)

Piratebroadcast
Feb 27, 2009, 08:13 AM
I got another wire transfer, this one for over $150. I then promptly called out sick from work and am going to have an awesome day :)

johnnybluejeans
Feb 27, 2009, 10:04 AM
I believe I am looking at wires from Canada, Japan and Australia this morning. Received World earlier this week.

Piratebroadcast
Feb 27, 2009, 10:49 AM
I believe I am looking at wires from Canada, Japan and Australia this morning. Received World earlier this week.

Any of those under $250? I got 2 deposits under that amount... Maybe Apple has a new policy?

forcesteeler
Feb 27, 2009, 11:37 AM
Any of those under $250? I got 2 deposits under that amount... Maybe Apple has a new policy?

Those amounts must of been flushed out by December Payments.

detz
Feb 28, 2009, 08:56 AM
This is getting annoying, not only am I still missing payments from December but I have only received one from January too which is confusing.

I got one payment for $881.49 but the only payment I'm owed that is close to that is my Canada one which is 1,044.40 CAD. No matter which way I do the conversion I don't get that amount so I'm not sure if it's the Canada payment or another payment that is messed up. :mad::mad:

Jeremy1026
Feb 28, 2009, 08:59 AM
This is getting annoying, not only am I still missing payments from December but I have only received one from January too which is confusing.

I got one payment for $881.49 but the only payment I'm owed that is close to that is my Canada one which is 1,044.40 CAD. No matter which way I do the conversion I don't get that amount so I'm not sure if it's the Canada payment or another payment that is messed up. :mad::mad:

Shoot ITC an email. They will know what is going on.

detz
Feb 28, 2009, 09:26 AM
Shoot ITC an email. They will know what is going on.

I have multiple times, every time they respond it's from a different person and they just tell me the payments should be arriving any time. :rolleyes:

sesnir
Feb 28, 2009, 12:29 PM
Those amounts must of been flushed out by December Payments.

In January I got a $49 payment from Apple... couldn't figure out how they got that number... but its not everything they owed me :\

Pring
Feb 28, 2009, 03:40 PM
In January I got a $49 payment from Apple... couldn't figure out how they got that number... but its not everything they owed me :\

Was it the Japanese payment and they'd withheld the tax?

sesnir
Feb 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
Was it the Japanese payment and they'd withheld the tax?

No, I've only had 6 sales in Japan total. It could have been from sales in Europe, though.

detz
Feb 28, 2009, 07:01 PM
The mystery payment I got on the 25 of Feb was my EUR payment from December. I'm now missing GBP, AUD from Dec and all payments from January.

forcesteeler
Feb 28, 2009, 08:25 PM
The mystery payment I got on the 25 of Feb was my EUR payment from December. I'm now missing GBP, AUD from Dec and all payments from January.

I got all my payments from December but im waiting on the January payments

wonza
Mar 2, 2009, 06:04 AM
Anyone got the Jan payments yet?
Im still waiting for mine from the US, its the highest ive had so far so im not sure if thats why.

forcesteeler
Mar 2, 2009, 06:41 AM
No US payments.

Still Waiting on 5 other January payments. This has been the longest apple has not paid us. Were in March already and i still didn't get my January payments.

:o

Piratebroadcast
Mar 2, 2009, 07:42 AM
Anyone got the Jan payments yet?
Im still waiting for mine from the US, its the highest ive had so far so im not sure if thats why.

I'm still waiting for US

forcesteeler
Mar 2, 2009, 09:11 AM
I'm still waiting for US

Im in the waiting game also

ethana
Mar 2, 2009, 09:45 AM
Im in the waiting game also

I am waiting on USA payments as well.

ethana
Mar 2, 2009, 06:00 PM
I got Worldwide and another payment today... I think Canada. Can anyone else confirm what countries they have gotten for Jan 09?

Ethan

MacToddB
Mar 2, 2009, 09:54 PM
I got Canada today too.

On the bright side, at least we didn't put our U.S. payments into the stock market!

forcesteeler
Mar 3, 2009, 05:34 AM
The Big Kahuna US Came Today!!!. :):):):D

MacToddB
Mar 3, 2009, 05:56 AM

Woohoo! Got mine too!

Piratebroadcast
Mar 3, 2009, 06:00 AM

Mercades Benz for you? Congrats!

Piratebroadcast
Mar 3, 2009, 06:02 AM
and immediately called out sick from work :)

MacToddB
Mar 3, 2009, 06:05 AM
and immediately called out sick from work :)

My App: Medical Terminology and Abbreviations

Well, with your app, you can use the right terminology when calling in!!!

"Sorry boss, I've got Appstoritis... yeah, it's pretty good, I mean bad."

Piratebroadcast
Mar 3, 2009, 06:08 AM
Well, with your app, you can use the right terminology when calling in!!!

"Sorry boss, I've got Appstoritis... yeah, it's pretty good, I mean bad."

:) :) :) Awesome!

forcesteeler
Mar 3, 2009, 07:55 AM
Mercades Benz for you? Congrats!

Oh Yes I am so happy. God Bless Apple!!

wonza
Mar 3, 2009, 08:09 AM
woohoo, just got mine too! Im glad the is low right now ;)

detz
Mar 3, 2009, 08:38 AM
Only got US so far.

ethana
Mar 3, 2009, 09:47 AM
Got USA as well! 3 down, 4 to go.

Ethan

johnnybluejeans
Mar 3, 2009, 09:55 AM
Oddly, my US payment is larger than my financial report had reported... that is strange.

Jeremy1026
Mar 3, 2009, 10:01 AM
My USA came in today.

Oddly, my US payment is larger than my financial report had reported... that is strange.

Oddly enough, so was mine...by about $50

ethana
Mar 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
My financial report for USA said to expect $11,000 and I actually got about $12,100. That's a nice $1100 bonus that I wasn't expecting!

Let's hope some other regions do that to me as well :)

bbrosemer
Mar 3, 2009, 05:17 PM
I didn't get mine any insight as to why I was over 250 in jan

wakka092
Mar 4, 2009, 02:57 PM
I sold ~$535 in February. I'm wondering when I can expect payment, as February 1st was my first day of sales. I read up to 45 days for all payments, but I'm only selling in the US to avoid all of that wire transfer mess. Most likely, the wire transfer fee would be more than my sales internationally.

Jeremy1026
Mar 4, 2009, 03:26 PM
I sold ~$535 in February. I'm wondering when I can expect payment, as February 1st was my first day of sales.

Probably around March 20-25th

detz
Mar 4, 2009, 03:30 PM
My financial report for USA said to expect $11,000 and I actually got about $12,100. That's a nice $1100 bonus that I wasn't expecting!

Let's hope some other regions do that to me as well :)

It's because it rolled over from the previous month when you didn't have the $250 to get paid.

Jeremy1026
Mar 4, 2009, 03:33 PM
It's because it rolled over from the previous month when you didn't have the $250 to get paid.

$1100 rolled over from the previous month, where he didn't make $250? Check your math detz :p

MacToddB
Mar 4, 2009, 04:09 PM
I sold ~$535 in February. I'm wondering when I can expect payment, as February 1st was my first day of sales. I read up to 45 days for all payments, but I'm only selling in the US to avoid all of that wire transfer mess. Most likely, the wire transfer fee would be more than my sales internationally.

How do wire transfers create a mess? Apple handles everything, and the money just shows up in your bank account. It appears that your apps are Math-based, and that's the universal language! (mine is very English-centric, yet we've received a fair amount of sales internationally and I'd hate to turn that away)

wakka092
Mar 4, 2009, 05:24 PM
How do wire transfers create a mess? Apple handles everything, and the money just shows up in your bank account. It appears that your apps are Math-based, and that's the universal language! (mine is very English-centric, yet we've received a fair amount of sales internationally and I'd hate to turn that away)
Regions charges $12 for a wire transfer, and I wasn't confident that I'd see those sales at the time. But maybe I'll earn more than $12, seeing what I've made in the US.

Jeremy1026
Mar 4, 2009, 05:34 PM
Regions charges $12 for a wire transfer, and I wasn't confident that I'd see those sales at the time. But maybe I'll earn more than $12, seeing what I've made in the US.

You don't get paid unless you sell more then $250(USD) anyway. So at no point (unless your bank charges ridiculous amounts for wires. And I've never heard of Apple charging a wire fee, so where'd you get $12 from?

admanimal
Mar 4, 2009, 07:10 PM

That is your bank charging for a wire transfer from a certain region, not Apple. Bank of America charges me $15 each for two of my monthly transfers (can't remember which regions).

ethana
Mar 4, 2009, 08:08 PM
WaMu charges me $10 per transaction.

JWBlue
Mar 5, 2009, 12:34 AM
HSBC. 5 free incoming wires and 5 free outgoing wires / month. Normally enough to cover most wires from Apple / month.

ethana
Mar 5, 2009, 11:44 AM
Just got two more payments today...

Ianlinart
Mar 5, 2009, 11:47 AM
Only got Canada so far...

ethana
Mar 5, 2009, 12:07 PM
Did anyone else get payments? Can you confirm the countries you've gotten?

wakka092
Mar 6, 2009, 06:12 PM
Well, seems I had a huge lapse of memory. Thanks for clering things up guys. :)

Now I'm wondering (when selling in international regions) what any additional charges are. Taxes in other counties? Fees? Looking through the iTunes Connect only reveals Japan requires tax forms to sell in that county.

MacToddB
Mar 6, 2009, 07:21 PM
Did anyone else get payments? Can you confirm the countries you've gotten?

Here's my recent history:

3/6 (today, got two different ones from United Kingdom (EUR and GBP)
On 3/3, got the big one, from the U.S.
On 3/2, got Canada.
On 2/27, had two others from United Kingdom (JPY and AUD)
2/23, Luxemberg.
2/17 another U.K. one (GBP)
2/13 another U.K. one (EUR)

So it appears JPY is Japanese Yen, transferred from a UK bank.
GBP is Great British Pounds. AUD is Australian Dollars. EUR is Euros.

BTW, I have an account with Chase, and maybe it's because we have their silver status (or whatever it's called), but I've seen no fees for wire transfers.

detz
Mar 6, 2009, 08:07 PM
It's such a pain to match up where they came from due to the conversations.

bbrosemer
Mar 7, 2009, 09:16 AM
REALLY JUST WANT TO SEE MY FIRST US PAYMENT COME ON APPLE!!! WELL OVER $250 from Jan not to mention adding Dec. because I was in the store for like 2 days ... come on Apple ...

Sincerely,
Cash Eluding College Student

forcesteeler
Mar 9, 2009, 01:30 PM
REALLY JUST WANT TO SEE MY FIRST US PAYMENT COME ON APPLE!!! WELL OVER $250 from Jan not to mention adding Dec. because I was in the store for like 2 days ... come on Apple ...

Sincerely,
Cash Eluding College Student

Email Apple

bbrosemer
Mar 10, 2009, 06:33 AM
Email Apple

I have been a pain and have emailed them 3 times now since people on here started seeing US payments ... I mean there is nothing I am missing correct filled out all the contract stuff in December have pretty little green checks ... and now I'm not getting money ... they effectively have 5 more days as I was emailed and it said at the latest the 15th ... but I feel that was more of a generic response rather then someone actually looking at my account.

Ianlinart
Mar 10, 2009, 08:25 AM
Still nothing but canada...

forcesteeler
Mar 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
Anyone know when we get the Financial Reports?

wakka092
Mar 10, 2009, 11:14 PM
Anyone know when we get the Financial Reports?
No clue. I haven't got mine from February. When are they supposed to come out?

admanimal
Mar 10, 2009, 11:38 PM
They usually appear around the 15th of the following month.

Williamapps
Mar 11, 2009, 04:27 AM
I have been a pain and have emailed them 3 times now since people on here started seeing US payments ... I mean there is nothing I am missing correct filled out all the contract stuff in December have pretty little green checks ... and now I'm not getting money ... they effectively have 5 more days as I was emailed and it said at the latest the 15th ... but I feel that was more of a generic response rather then someone actually looking at my account.

Nothing can do. Only waiting and waiting.

Oh, my god! what they are doing?

forcesteeler
Mar 11, 2009, 09:01 AM
Got the UK today

diemos
Mar 11, 2009, 10:50 AM
I'm just curious, if its not a secret, how much do you guys make from your apps, well on average a month.

bbrosemer
Mar 11, 2009, 10:56 AM
Nothing can do. Only waiting and waiting.

Oh, my god! what they are doing?

Yeah I don't mind the waiting if there is at least feedback ... especially when it will be the first wire from apple... It's just I have gotten no direct feedback on my account being like yeah your all set you will have the money at the latest of the 15th... That's all I am looking for...

JWBlue
Mar 11, 2009, 12:02 PM
Got 2 more wires today. Not sure country of original until I see the wire details tomorrow.

firewood
Mar 11, 2009, 12:15 PM
I'm just curious, if its not a secret, how much do you guys make from your apps, well on average a month.

There are several developers posting statistics. Here's one:

http://www.streamingcolour.com/blog/2009/03/09/the-numbers-post-aka-brutal-honesty/

Here's another who's doing better:

http://chillifresh.com/2009/03/11/stats-to-appstore-rank/

The first is more realistic. e.g. if there are going to be 100k apps in the store, only the top 0.1% of all apps will make it into the top 100 rankings, so unless you have a competitive advantage and marketing strategy to be better than over 99% of all other developers, don't plan on it.

imho.

happymom
Mar 11, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hang in there. I got paid a few days ago. I hope you get some answers from Apple.

forcesteeler
Mar 12, 2009, 08:50 AM
Last one is the EU

forcesteeler
Mar 13, 2009, 04:33 PM
I got the EU today