PDA

View Full Version : ipod mini not detected through firewire

skinniezinho
Jan 19, 2009, 11:40 AM
Hi,a few weeks ago I bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370141217787

more because of the firewire cable,in order to use my ipod with my ibook (usb 1.1 is a pain),but pluggin the ipod with the firewire cable doesn't show it..only charges..
is there any issue with firewire/ipod mini/ibook or is just the cable that is fake?

SkyBell
Jan 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
I don't think the newer versions of iTunes support FW syncing, what version are you using?

skinniezinho
Jan 19, 2009, 11:51 AM
I don't think the newer versions of iTunes support FW syncing, what version are you using?

itunes 8.02 (20)
But the ipod shouldn't be shown as a drive?or even detected by ipoddisk?

wngraham
Jan 19, 2009, 12:39 PM
I have an older iPod Mini that charges and syncs just fine through FireWire via the newest iTunes. Don't think it could be the cable, as it either works or it doesn't - if it charges it should sync.

Hmmm....

skinniezinho
Jan 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have an older iPod Mini that charges and syncs just fine through FireWire via the newsest iTunes. Don't think it could be the cable, as it either works or it doesn't - if it charges it should sync.

Hmmm....

unfortunetly I don't have another machine with firewire to test..
I somehow doubt this is an original cable,and if this ipod works with its usb cable either in a windows machine and in my ibook..it should work with fw too...
I've tried to reset it,put it in disk mode,restore it (in mac) and it only charges,no way it detects..