Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
you need to delete the app and reinstall it in order to fix the issue

Does it need to be deleted from the computer, downloaded again from iTunes, and then sync, or is it enough to just delete it from ipod touch and then sync? I also wonder whether it is necessary to delete at all, as I have had applications crash before and not done anything and never had any problems with the app again.

jmann

macrumors 604
Does it need to be deleted from the computer, downloaded again from iTunes, and then sync, or is it enough to just delete it from ipod touch and then sync? I also wonder whether it is necessary to delete at all, as I have had applications crash before and not done anything and never had any problems with the app again.

Just from the ipod. You can leave the copy on the computer alone. Just delete and resync.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I have had this problem before. Sometimes even my stable apps would start crashing (AIM, facebook, etc) after I downloaded another app. Just delete the most recent apps you downloaded until it starts working again and then reinstall them. Make sure you restart your iPod after every app you download, I think not following this rule was what caused it for me. I've learned from that mistake and I haven't had that problem again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.