Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
What is the best way to show a Video file on a website ?

The file is a .mov video file, and i just want to embed it into
the webpage, so it loads rather quick and has a good quality to it......

thanks !

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Hi Jim,

Can i also use Visual Hub to convert the
.mov quicktime file to Flash video for the web ?

Yes, according to the features listing for v1.34, but I've never personally tried it and can't compare it to the features Moyea has which are extensive. It seems pretty basic. BTW, the VH project has now been open sourced here if you wanna save some money.

BTW, I just found a Mac version called Macvide Video Flash Converter which is $39.95 and has all the features and is optimized for Mac OS X and intel processors so it works fast too. Once again, this is a professional software - GUI based, easy to use, fast conversion, tons of features, one simple download and install, but not free.

-jim

blain

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Hi I know this is an old thread, but this might help someone else with similar issue.

ZenQT Player can play QuickTime MOV from your website. It embeds easy and can also be skinned (supports JW Player skins too).

http://www.zenwebware.com/webware/zenqt-player/

zenqt_player.jpg

Of course the other option is that you can encode for flash, though iPad currently cant play flash..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.