PDA

View Full Version : Poll: iTunes feature-lust frenzy

MacBytes
Mar 10, 2004, 01:16 PM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Poll: iTunes feature-lust frenzy (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040310141641)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

PlaceofDis
Mar 10, 2004, 02:56 PM
certainly is a long list, i wonder how many of these will make it into the next revision of iTunes and i also wonder when the next iTunes will be released......oh the fun of speculation and waiting :p

azdude
Mar 10, 2004, 03:06 PM
All that, and nothing about more advanced smart playlists? Sheesh!

ALoLA
Mar 10, 2004, 04:07 PM
Some of these "features" already exist in iTunes (like sorting by Artist) or are available as plug-ins, etc. (like the album art in the Visualizer), aren't they? The author also wrote "ACC" instead of "AAC" at the end. Perhaps written by someone who isn't really involved with iPods and music encoding schemes? :)

bennetsaysargh
Mar 10, 2004, 06:09 PM
some of them i really want, like
"iTunes should have a field for the artist featured on a track, e.g. Basement Jaxx feat. Dizzee Rascal."
come on. it's annoying to be scrolling on my iPod and have to go through all of that.

"iTunes should offer simple editing of tracks so that users can get rid of those annoying long gaps before hidden tracks."
totally agreed

"How about being able to rank whole albums."
why not? album ranks, along with individual song ranks would be great.

"I'd like to be able to see or assign album art to a playlist."
yet again, why not? i mean, playlists could easily carry their own artwork, and not add to the size of the audio file.

"The ability to add colored labels of songs like in the Finder."
i'd love that i can have some of my favorite artist in the library on red, and ones i seldom listen to in blue or green.

"A record button to allow users to record and edit audio."
i see where this could come in handy. quick voice memo.

but some of them you can just do yourself like...

"A Create Playlist from Selected Albums menu item would be much easier than selecting and dragging."
highlight the songs from the albums and hit "shift-apple-n"

"Opera needs to be added as a genre."
you can type in your own genre.

"The ability to record radio in particular Radio 4 comedy shows such as Dead Ringers and The Now Show."
they won't go for it. ever. keep in mind that there are in stations that play music, and it would be difficult to not have the record companies on their arses. you could just use audio hijack

"A purchase history facility offering a way to list the date music was purchased and the amount paid."
it's called the purchased music playlist not quite sure about the "amount payed" thing though.

"iTunes should be able to offer music recommendations based on all my ratings."
smart playlists?

"Many music CDs now come with video. iTunes should have a video jukebox playlist. So that you can watch and see the music this would be popular with pubs, clubs, and shops."

i don't see a terrible amount of cd's with video, but i do see some. what they should do is add another part for a movie thing.

sorry for the big post size ;p

King Cobra
Mar 10, 2004, 08:56 PM
I still want this:

dloomer
Mar 12, 2004, 06:38 PM
bennetsaysargh, I'm pretty sure by "recommendations" the person meant that iTunes (or actually probably iTMS) would recommend albums or songs you don't already own, based on your ratings of albums and songs you do own. Just like they do on Amazon.

My wish items:

In a networked environment, should be able to copy tracks from a shared playlist onto your local iTunes, as long as tracks were purchased from iTMS and the computer you are copying to is authorized for those tracks.

With the above in mind, should be able to copy entire playlists. Rendezvous sharing isn't quite good enough for this, because if the playlist you want is on a PowerBook, and the PowerBook is closed or not on the network -- well, you're obviously screwed.

Should be able to copy radio stations from a shared computer onto your own. No reason why you shouldn't be able to -- there is no copyright issue as far as streamed content goes.

bennetsaysargh
Mar 12, 2004, 08:54 PM
bennetsaysargh, I'm pretty sure by "recommendations" the person meant that iTunes (or actually probably iTMS) would recommend albums or songs you don't already own, based on your ratings of albums and songs you do own. Just like they do on Amazon.
ok. i get it now. well then, i think it'd be great :)