Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeAzncy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
Hi guys, im new, and i have a very serious question... i have a second gen ipod touch, but the accelerometer is a bit off. i cannot for my life find the receipt or the record that i purchased the ipod. I bought the ipod in december, so my year warranty still works, but if i go to an apple store for a replacement, they will ask for a receipt... so my question is, if i buy the applecare protection plan, and if i go to an apple store to replace my ipod with it, will i still need records, receipts, or any of that?

tucker61

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2008
Apple do not need your receipt. They check the serial number on their system which tells them the approximate date unit was sold.

DeAzncy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
^so should i first just go to the apple store and try getting it replaced without buying the protection plan first?

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
^so should i first just go to the apple store and try getting it replaced without buying the protection plan first?

Correct, do not buy the plan. It is covered under the 1 yr warranty and they should replace it if they deem it defective. Did you buy it at an apple store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.