PDA

View Full Version : Input Sprockets equivalent for OS X???

ftaok
Jun 13, 2002, 08:14 AM
Hey all,

I don't play much games on my iBook, but I would like to play with the console emulators (SuperNintendo), but in OS X, there's no equivalent to the Input Sprockets of OS 9.

Is Apple working on this or will the people doing the emulators have to put the controller mapping into the application itself? I long for the day where I can play Super Mario Kart in OS X with my Gravis Gamepad.

gostyau
Jun 13, 2002, 08:34 AM
Hi,

Have seen XGamePad mentioned at VersionTracker, seems to work well with SNES9X and said to work with Gravis GamePad by other posters there.

I'm still waiting for a functional OSX version of USB overdrive for game controllers.

Steve

kiwi_the_iwik
Jun 13, 2002, 11:50 AM
If you can't be bothered switching to OS9 every time you want to play games (and believe me, I can't wait to stay in OSX, if only the games were faster - but that's another subject...), try Gamepad Companion from www.carvware.com - it does the same as USB Overdrive, and is (obviously, as the name suggests) more receptive to gamepads.

I use a Microsoft motion-tracking gamepad with it - intended only for use on PC's, it works flawlessly!:D

Who needs proper drivers now?

ftaok
Jun 13, 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by kiwi_the_iwik
If you can't be bothered switching to OS9 every time you want to play games (and believe me, I can't wait to stay in OSX, if only the games were faster - but that's another subject...), try Gamepad Companion from www.carvware.com - it does the same as USB Overdrive, and is (obviously, as the name suggests) more receptive to gamepads.

I use a Microsoft motion-tracking gamepad with it - intended only for use on PC's, it works flawlessly!:D

Who needs proper drivers now? I've tried Gamepad Companion (back when it was beta), and I didn't like it. Mainly because I had to keep resetting the controller maps for SNEX9x and RockNES. Big POTA.

I liked how Input Sprockets worked in OS 9 and I'm hoping that eventually Apple will incorporate that type of functionality into OS X.