PDA

View Full Version : Partitioning an Ipod

bobbyroller
Jan 20, 2009, 02:42 PM
Is there a way that I can partition my ipod into 2 partitions. I need to because I sync my ipod with a mac, and at my job they use PC's and Windows does not read HFS partitions, so how can I Partition my ipod with one FAT 32 partition, and on HFS partition for Itunes?:confused:

Prekesh
Jan 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
that would also be good for me, but you could just use fat32, OS X reads my windows partitioned iPod fine.

miles01110
Jan 21, 2009, 08:02 AM
Never tried this, but if you put it into disk mode (hold Menu + Select) on startup it functions just as any other external hard disk. You should be able to partition it in Disk utility.

MrJT
Jan 21, 2009, 01:41 PM
that would also be good for me, but you could just use fat32, OS X reads my windows partitioned iPod fine.

He's right. Format it for windows on a pc, and then sync it with your mac.

H$R
Jan 21, 2009, 03:06 PM
He's right. Format it for windows on a pc, and then sync it with your mac.

Yes, that's what I would do. Not sure if making two partitions is even possible.

Only thing: you won't be able to update the iPod's firmware through your Mac iTunes.

If there's a firmware update in the future (you shouldn't really care when you have an older iPod model), you will have to make it through a Windows version of iTunes.