Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pipian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
My Quicksilver goes into sleep mode, but sometimes, it doesn;t come out of sleep mode... The light stops pulsating, but I hear the fan,there is nothing on the monitor, when pressing Caps lock on the Keyboard, it doesn't light up, and when clicking on the mouse, it does nothing.... It only happens like once every 2 weeks or so, but I have to restart the machine by hand... Any help?

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
Pipian said:
And for the record, I'm using 10.2.8

All of our new 1.6 G5's have a similar problem. Except for on the G5 its quite noticable as the fan starts going full blast. The first time it happened was the day we got them so it was before memory was added and before much was done to the system(10.3.3). My g5 is older and doesnt have the problem but I run folding and I was going to add folding to them all this weekend and tell them not to sleep as a solution. They do it on average mb once in every 3-4 days and you would have to be deaf to not notice the jet Engine taking off from under someone's desk. Sorry Boss i have to run folding app to stop a crashing problem:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.