Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patillac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Golden State
Simple question, if it's been asked and answered then my apologies (I did a search and couldn't seem to find an answer)...

I have Tiger 10.4.11 - I recently came across a book I'd seen recommended by this site, "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan & Ritchie. I picked it up used and reasonably cheap and am pretty eager to get my "feet wet"

I can't seem to find the DevTools or XCode for this OS. I have only been able to find something for Leopard. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also, anyone have other recommended resources? - I guess my ultimate goal would be to learn Cocoa but as they say you need to crawl before you can walk...anyways after running a google search, I realized I probably wasted the $$ on the book as there seems to be a ton of online tutorials...but oh wells, nothing I can do now.

Thanks!

justmyself

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
anyways after running a google search, I realized I probably wasted the $$ on the book as there seems to be a ton of online tutorials...but oh wells, nothing I can do now.

Not exactly. Computer books are essentially reference manuals. Those are never invaluable. Are there tutorials online? Sure, but that doesn't mean you want to spend hours scouring the net trying to find a tutorial that is applicable to your project. As for the book, if it's in mint condition the bookstore should take it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.