Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Think this recent update to the white macbook is a good sign that the mini will be updated soon? Or holds no significance?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It has absolutely nothing to DO with the Mac Mini, but we've already seen kexts with the 9400M in the Mini, so it's obviously coming.

Plus, there should be a Mini redesign, as the board for the new MacBook can fit inside the Time Capsule case without modification.

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
I think a silent update like the one we got today will only happen when there is no change in the design. The mini is an older design that should get an update to match the other current models. A special event or a 'one more thing' at the wwdc is more likely.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
at this point you could even use the new white macbook in clamshell mode as a mini replacement. I am sure its specs are very close to what will be in the new mini whenever it is out.

And you could use it without a displayport adapter!

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
at this point you could even use the new white macbook in clamshell mode as a mini replacement. I am sure its specs are very close to what will be in the new mini whenever it is out.

And you could use it without a displayport adapter!

I've been thinking about it.... But I think I want to save the few hundred bucks....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.