PDA

View Full Version : What The Video iPod Could Be..... A video of an iPod Video c...

MacBytes
Mar 11, 2004, 09:56 AM
Category: Photoshop and Concept Designs
Link: What The Video iPod Could Be..... A video of an iPod Video concept (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040311105626)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

simX
Mar 11, 2004, 10:00 AM
:rolleyes: Yet another concept of what the video iPod "could" be. Heh, call me jaded, but I don't think the successor to the iPod is going to be wearable glasses.

odditie
Mar 11, 2004, 10:01 AM
Too Strange/Stupid for me...

It was too much of a film project from school then an actual concept of an actual video iPod...but I guess that's their choice on how to present it, not mine.

I thought it lacked although because of that choice of presentation.

Mudbug
Mar 11, 2004, 10:04 AM
I'm not quite sure of the relevance of the "Shining" reference... the flying 3d menu thing was kinda cool, tho.

settledown
Mar 11, 2004, 10:49 AM
I would buy one of those things so fast, this text would be blurred.

I think it is obvious that this is purely a concept design. And as such intended to show the ultimate in desirability. I love it. It is a clean and simple design as Apple would likely do.

You can point out things like, where is the video stored, where are the batteries, does it use airport, how about image depth with the "screen" so close to your eyes? etc.

But you cant argue that this concept of a personal video player is beautiful. And completely droolworthy.

I could "click?" around in that 3d finder all day. It is elegant.

aaron128
Mar 11, 2004, 11:21 AM
Too Strange/Stupid for me...

It was too much of a film project from school then an actual concept of an actual video iPod...but I guess that's their choice on how to present it, not mine.

I thought it lacked although because of that choice of presentation.

Strange? Stupid? I mean, it might not be perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than the usual crappy video iPods some fool made in Bryce 3D. Do you realize they recreated that entire room from the Shining in 3D and convincingly at that. Just beautiful.

The attention to detail and aesthetics in this video is superb, top-notch quality. It's obviously more of a "hire me" video than an iPod concept design. And I respect that. I would hire them.

The 3D menu system is nothing new, and probably wouldn't work in reality, especially on glasses, but who cares? The whole thing is meant to be pretty and it does that nicely.

september29th
Mar 11, 2004, 11:26 AM
is the lack of *pod* bothering anyone else?

mrsebastian
Mar 11, 2004, 11:52 AM
that's [bleepin] cool! not that apple's gonna make it, but damn sweet concept video ;)

mrsebastian
Mar 11, 2004, 12:03 PM
what the heck is that part supposed to be?... is that supposed to be like a virtual glove, to go between your fore finger and thumb?

Moonlight
Mar 11, 2004, 04:29 PM
Anyone else amazed by the 3D redition of the Overlook hotel lobby from the Shinning ? That must have taken alot of work...more work than the iPod stuff... Hmmmm :confused:

bennetsaysargh
Mar 11, 2004, 04:43 PM
what i want to know, it when? but another thing to know, is how long is the battery life :p
concept is an understatement. cool is an understatement as well.

NP3
Mar 11, 2004, 10:46 PM
what the heck is that part supposed to be?... is that supposed to be like a virtual glove, to go between your fore finger and thumb?

ya, probably your clicker so that you don't have to blink to go between menus. :)

I think this idea is awesome.

Just think if it had some sort of wireless stuff on it...it would be cool to switch from your video ipod to your computer monitor...

humm or more realistically maybe just a virtual style iTunes to transfer movies between computer and the 'Pod with. :)

The flying 3d menu kinda reminds me of that VERY unconfirmed rumor of 10.4 and all the spherical flying menus and such.

irmongoose
Mar 12, 2004, 07:44 AM
This is 3D movies gone wild. The whole idea of being and taking part in the movie has been taken to a new level. I would drool over such a device... sell my DVD Player, iPod.. hell, I'll even throw in my TV for this thing. Amazing graphics, too. I love it.

You know, if he just didn't put in iPod as the name for the thing, all of you would be praising it. Just don't think of it as an iPod... think of it as a totally new idea. This is not the same as Head Mounted Displays. The main point of this is that you can be in the movie. The guy who made it probably just loved Apple too much to not put the iPod tag on it, in hope that Apple might come up with such a revolutionary product.

irmongoose