Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MAC-PRO-DEMON

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Up north in Yorkshire :)
Just thought that this had been a long time coming!!!!
Sorry to you real big mac fans (I need windows for work)

Am running in Bootcamp just to make you happy!!! LOL

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    773.7 KB · Views: 375

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Got Windows 7 and Snow Leopard on a Disc, but i need to reinstall OS X as i have unmovable files :( and i lost the disc, when i've got it sorted i'll be Tri Booting the 3 Best OS's :D

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
2598815037_c337a9736b_b.jpg

Also have the latest 10A222 build on my MacBook, but as an everyday OS, it's still too unstable. Quicktime will just randomly crash and shut down, even with 4GB of RAM, I will get consistent slowdowns. But, this is a developer preview, and for one, it's pretty damn good.

I was stunned that the install time was only 10 minutes on my MacBook 2.0(About 20 minutes on a Mac mini, but with all the printer drivers installed). The overall footprint of Snow Leopard is a lot smaller as well, with nearly all built in apps just a fraction of the size as their predecessor.

I haven't noticed a significant increase in performance, but again, it's a developer preview. The only thing I have noticed, is that Safari 4 will turn on fast. I mean fast. Right from booting Snow Leopard, it's just 1 quick bounce before Apple.com has loaded up.

It seems to have much promise and some excellent features, but as a Developer Preview, I wouldn't recommend it as your main operating system.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
That menu bar is definitely cropped out. NDA sounds reasonable, but it's a bit out there.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Me wants Snow Leopard. Oh, wait, it looks just the same!

Nonetheless, I am piqued to see what differences there are, if any will be evident in this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.