PDA

View Full Version : Switching Macbook Case

Mxc8
Jan 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to switch the casing of a white intel chipset macbook with the new white nividia chipset macbook?

acfusion29
Jan 22, 2009, 07:35 PM
No.

I'm going to assume that the internals would not fit in the case.

NewMacbookPlz
Jan 22, 2009, 08:31 PM
Nope, if for nothing else, the missing FW hole, and the Mini-DVI--->Mini-DP changeover.

acfusion29
Jan 22, 2009, 08:38 PM
Nope, if for nothing else, the missing FW hole, and the Mini-DVI--->Mini-DP changeover.

I think he's talking about the new white MacBook's that were refreshed yesterday. They now have the new GPU, but I still think there are some changes in the logic board that will prevent you from putting the new one in an older case.

NewMacbookPlz
Jan 22, 2009, 09:52 PM
I think he's talking about the new white MacBook's that were refreshed yesterday. They now have the new GPU, but I still think there are some changes in the logic board that will prevent you from putting the new one in an older case.

Oops, good catch.

In that case, I don't see why not? Wait for ifixit to have a disassembly/repair guide, and see what the boards look like perhaps?

Mxc8
Jan 23, 2009, 12:31 AM
I did mean the new nvidia polycarbonate macbooks, didn't realize they were released that recently. I need to get someone in my family a new macbook, I thought I would keep the nvidia chipset one for myself and give them my old one but my old one is scratched and cracked. I'll check back later when enough people have them.

Nero9171
Jan 23, 2009, 12:55 AM
Check Apples refurbished store frequently. The last few days, I have seen 2.0GHz aluminum's for $1049