Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onemoof

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Has anyone tried installing an internal Pioneer A07 drive to see if it works with iDVD? I know it works to pop in an A06, but since Apple is not yet selling the A07 I was wondering if anyone knew if that worked.

Otherwise I assume the next update to PowerMacs will include the A07 and a simultaneous update to iDVD will solve the problem.

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
onemoof said:
Has anyone tried installing an internal Pioneer A07 drive to see if it works with iDVD? I know it works to pop in an A06, but since Apple is not yet selling the A07 I was wondering if anyone knew if that worked.

Otherwise I assume the next update to PowerMacs will include the A07 and a simultaneous update to iDVD will solve the problem.
No, it doesn't work with iApps in 10.3.2, but it does work in the seeds of 10.3.3 so expect support "any day now".

Also, the apps themselves do not need to be updated to support new drives, only the OS. Once there is native support in the OS for the drives, the iApps work with them. Also, PatchburnII (see http://www.xlr8yourmac.com for info) will let the A07 work with 10.3.2 but I would personally wait for the release of 10.3.3 instead of using patches and hacks.

iceman314

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
IndyGopher said:
No, it doesn't work with iApps in 10.3.2, but it does work in the seeds of 10.3.3 so expect support "any day now".

Also, the apps themselves do not need to be updated to support new drives, only the OS. Once there is native support in the OS for the drives, the iApps work with them. Also, PatchburnII (see http://www.xlr8yourmac.com for info) will let the A07 work with 10.3.2 but I would personally wait for the release of 10.3.3 instead of using patches and hacks.

Hi all. I received my G5 yesterday from ireland (I live in italy) and looking at the hardware, I saw that my G5 has been shipped with the pioneer A07 aboard!
WOW!!!
Bye

allroy

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2004
yup

I have it installed in my Quicksilver. You need 10.3.X (2 or 3) can't remember which on, but, just make sure you have the latest Panther update and your fine.

Very easy, plug & play, natively supported. You don't need to update the apps, just the drive and OS.

onemoof said:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.