PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic Water Sensor?

Database
Jan 23, 2009, 02:43 PM
Does the iPod Classic 120gb have a water sensor? My iPod is not functioning and figured I'd check it to see if my wife got it wet or something...

Is it visable somewhere, or does it even have one at all?

HiFiGuy528
Jan 23, 2009, 02:46 PM
yes it does, inside.

buy a new one from Best Buy and swap it. they don't check serial numbers during returns.

Cal City Kid
Jan 24, 2009, 11:10 AM
yes it does, inside.

buy a new one from Best Buy and swap it. they don't check serial numbers during returns.

That is also commonly know as "stealing".

Sesshi
Jan 24, 2009, 04:49 PM
No, it's more 'fraud'.

Sutekidane
Jan 24, 2009, 06:28 PM
and they do check serial numbers, at least where I work they do.

iDAG
Jan 24, 2009, 06:35 PM
Does the iPod Classic 120gb have a water sensor? My iPod is not functioning and figured I'd check it to see if my wife got it wet or something...

yes it does, inside.

I thought that the water sensor was in the headphone jack, and when it came in contact with water it would turn white. :confused:

bndoarn
Jan 24, 2009, 08:27 PM
the water sensor is in the headphone jack (at least that's where it is on the touch) but i heard it turns red, not white.

kylevk
Jun 2, 2009, 11:42 PM

If you look down into the jack with direct light, and you see a red strip, there has been moisture in there. If there is just white, you are in the clear!

...and don't steal/defraud from Best Buy!

alphaod
Jun 3, 2009, 12:17 PM
If you look down into the jack with direct light, and you see a red strip, there has been moisture in there. If there is just white, you are in the clear!

...and don't steal/defraud from Best Buy!

Why did you bump a 5 month old thread to post already posted information? :confused: