Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawn D

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Ok, So I purchased a macbook 13" off ebay from a reputable seller. Anyway It came with a wiped hard drive. So I have the Tiger install cd's and it doesnt want to boot from the CD I have tried clearing the PRAM and it doesnt't do anything.. it still has the same results- just boots to grey screen with flashing folder with "?" mark on it.

Any help guys, I would sure appreciate it.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, So I purchased a macbook 13" off ebay from a reputable seller. Anyway It came with a wiped hard drive. So I have the Tiger install cd's and it doesnt want to boot from the CD I have tried clearing the PRAM and it doesnt't do anything.. it still has the same results- just boots to grey screen with flashing folder with "?" mark on it.

Any help guys, I would sure appreciate it.

This is my stupid question of the day. Are you holding down the "C" key when you power up the machine with the disk in?

Shawn D

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
This is my stupid question of the day. Are you holding down the "C" key when you power up the machine with the disk in?

yeah I am. I have tried a couple different combos and its not working I am puzzled :confused:

Shawn D

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
How old are the Tiger disks? are they PPC install disks?

You hit the nail on the head, Yeah these are the CD's I got for my dual G4 machine and my iBook. Would you recommend getting leopard? also, How do I get my cd out because its not responding to the eject key :(

edit: Nerver mind it ejected.

linuxophile

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
here
Question: are those the CD's that came with the computer or they are of some other computer (possibly older)? It is not entirely clear from your post.

If not then that could be the reason: for example, my mbp cannot boot tiger, only Leopard. My Imac (slightly older) can boot both. (Of course both are Intel).

EDIT: never mind, I did not read all the thread.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Question: are those the CD's that came with the computer or they are of some other computer (possibly older)? It is not entirely clear from your post.

If not then that could be the reason: for example, my mbp cannot boot tiger, only Leopard. My Imac (slightly older) can boot both. (Of course both are Intel).

We've already determined that they were old Full Tiger Disks, PPC only, before the Intel announcement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.