Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Corrupt.Tears

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
First off I would like to say Hello. My name is Marrick. I have been lurking for a while and enjoy reading the threads on this website. I think my favorite member on here is "Tallest Skil". Is posts are always enjoyable to read. I do not have a mac. I was going to get one but didn’t because I thought this hp laptop was better value. See I didn’t think my dad would pay for a mac. The only thing I don’t like about it is the corner gets hot. Anyways my dad wrote it off, which pisses me off because than I could have just gotten a mac. Which I have been planning on since grade 9. I am now in 1st year university. Maybe med school, hopefully??? Anyways here is my question:

I bought a red ipod nano (16gb) on January 7th 2009 from the apple store. For the first week I barely used it because I was afraid of it getting damaged during my commutes. Anyhow after about a week I started to bring it along with me and I noticed that the left section of the wheel between the 2 triangles and the play button made this clicking noise. Anyways that went away. However now the bottom part of the middle button does not work. I am not sure if it worked before. The more upper and middle part of the middle button works, but when clicking more near the bottom it does not respond. I am just wondering if this is normal? It is kind of bugging me and is making me think I should have bought a 32gb touch instead. I went for the nano because I thought it was light weight, had good battery life and wouldn’t need a case to keep it looking nice. See my last ipod (20 gb) kept on freezing and than I would get this sad ipod with an exclamation mark. I always got it working again eventually, but the it was annoying that it kept freezing. Oh the freezing didn’t start till summer 08. It happened once never happened again and than a couple of times during December. I think the hard drive is breaking.

Anyways back to the nano. Should I make a Genius appointment? Do you think they would just give me a new one instead of sending it in to be fixed? That is, if this is actually an issue, rather than being a common problem with all nanos. It would be such a hassle otherwise. It’s not that the apple store is far per say. Like I can get there from anywhere on campus via subway in about 10 to 20 minutes but it’s just out of the way and school is keeping me busy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.