Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Apple's website is not too descriptive on the changes (if any)

anyone here using iWeb 09' yet?

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I don't believe iLife 09 has been released yet. The new iWeb has FTP uploading. Other than that I'm not sure its such a big update.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
In seems, from that link and another that of course I can't locate at the moment, that the most significant changes will revolve around what I think has always been one of the weakest points of iWeb really- publishing and dealing with multiple sites and changes.

While renaming domain.sites files or using utilities like the free "iWebSites" program have made it livable to use iWeb for multiple sites, publishing changes to individual sites (rather than all at once with the built-in functionality) has always been a workaround that it seems should have been a built in function. Now that it has been addressed, I think that is a good step forward. Additionally I saw some information that indicated that iWeb will now finally only publish those elements of a site that have actually been changed when re-publishing a site rather than the entire site each time, so that will be a major timesaver it that indeed is the case.

All in all, those changes alone are worth the upgrade IMO- particularly when you consider how cheap the whole iLife suite is in light of all the apps you get in it for the price- quite a value. When I think of all the dollars I have spent for other company's software upgrades, a $79 upgrade for the whole suite is more than worth it to me! ;)

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
If the previous version iWeb had handled multiple sites and domains better, I might not have purchased Sandvox, although I do like the Sandvox a lot.

I have one site on iWeb and two on SV.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Man, I wish they would let you create a blog and have comments posted without the need for Mobile Me. Right now the way it works for me is an ugly iFrame placed inside my iWeb page.

Gross.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Man, I wish they would let you create a blog and have comments posted without the need for Mobile Me. Right now the way it works for me is an ugly iFrame placed inside my iWeb page.

Gross.

Well it's nice to know that someone else is using an iFrame to have my blog displayed on my website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.