Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sherrieb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
In order to make my wireless internet network secure, I added a password to it today. Every other computer in the house, as well as my XBox 360, is able to connect to the internet using the password that I set up. For some reason, when I try to connect to my Macbook, it tells me that the password is wrong, yet it works with the other 3 computers in my house. What am I missing? Do I need to change my settings on Airport? My wireless router is obviously working so what do I need to do? Thanks!

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
In order to make my wireless internet network secure, I added a password to it today. Every other computer in the house, as well as my XBox 360, is able to connect to the internet using the password that I set up. For some reason, when I try to connect to my Macbook, it tells me that the password is wrong, yet it works with the other 3 computers in my house. What am I missing? Do I need to change my settings on Airport? My wireless router is obviously working so what do I need to do? Thanks!
Did you make sure the match the case of the letters used?

sherrieb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Yes, all the letters are lower case and that's what I typed. I am so confused!!! Why does it work with all the other Microsoft products in the house, but not with my Macbook? Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.