Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freak4Sneaks

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
ok my situation is, my iphone isn't completly flush all the way around and im getting dust under my phone. but when I went to the apple store they said I have water damage. I've been back 3 times to try different people and even a different apple store completly. they keep checking the headphone jack and like half of the circle is pink so they won't replace my phone. so I decided I will havbe to take matters in my own hand and fix it myself. I found this web site http://www.ecaseshop.com and decided I'd go with a red housing. since my warrenty is voided already. but I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of this site before or ordered anything from there before I place my order. or if you have another trusted site that I could use.

thanks in advance.

LoMonkey

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2008
I actually ordered two cases from this exact site. The shipping took forever, but that didn't bother me.

When the cases got here, I looked at the case and decided the quality wasn't up to par. It's cheap plastic, and the molding must have something wrong with it, because the area where the buttons and simcard tray look like they were added post-molding. I decided not to put my iPhone in this case. A friend of mine did, and in the process of taking all of the internals out, messed something up with the logic board and broke his whole phone. The phone is very intricate inside and one wrong move can permanently damage it. He had to go to AT&T and get a new one for $500 (16GB).

So, from my personal view and watching him break his phone, I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you know what you are doing. The videos on youtube are nothing like doing it in person.

EDIT: Adding pictures to show my point about imperfections. They look like this on the gold one I ordered, and the red one my friend ordered. It's actually a little more noticeable on the red one. (I don't have pictures of the red one since it's at his house)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 51
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.