Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mamcx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
0 vote down
star

I'm developing a app with a list of products. I wanna let the user have 1 picture for each products.

Now, the problem is what to do next. I think that the best way is that the photos get sync when the user connect to their computer & itunes, and acces them from the app (something like: /photos/catalog/ref1.jpg.

The other option is put them on my sqlite database, but I worry that that get bigger. I have data + picture, data change a lot but pictures are rarely modified (if much, I expect the user take 2-3 new pictures each time).

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007
I'm developing a app with a list of products. I wanna let the user have 1 picture for each products.

Now, the problem is what to do next. I think that the best way is that the photos get sync when the user connect to their computer & itunes, and acces them from the app (something like: /photos/catalog/ref1.jpg.

The other option is put them on my sqlite database, but I worry that that get bigger. I have data + picture, data change a lot but pictures are rarely modified (if much, I expect the user take 2-3 new pictures each time).

You will not be able to sync your photo data to a device through iTunes. Your photos will need to get on the device in one of these ways:

1) come with the app pre-bundled
2) downloaded as needed from a web site that you maintain
3) (perhaps most difficult) implement your own FTP server/Bonjour system in the app that lets a user copy files and pictures from their Mac over to the iPhone via local WiFi. Look at the various briefcase/air-sharing type apps in iTunes for examples.

None of these options will preclude you from storing the images in a SQLite database. You could also store them in your app's local documents directory if you wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.