Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've chimed in here at MR, but I've just finished a new app with some guys over in the UK who did the programming for it.

It's called 'Home Barista'. It's basically teaches people how to get the most out of their home espresso machines, and iPhone users can take photos of their efforst which are categorised into galleries based on coffee type. Hope you like it.

If you do decide to buy it, I'd be so grateful if you'd leave a nice review. :) (it's amazing how hard it is just to get noticed on the App Store now that there's almost 20K apps there).

Click here to see the product page on the web.
Click here to go to the app on the App Store.

Here are some screensnaps...

screensnap1.jpg
screensnap2.jpg
screensnap3.jpg
screensnap4.jpg
screensnap5.jpg

Chuck.

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Ouch $3:eek:

Pretty app but you do realize I pull this info up on my iPhone using wikipedia for free?

To each his own I guess.

haha keep getting it free :) $3 is less than a burger these days though! (unless u get those 99c specials! ;))

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Ouch $3:eek:

Pretty app but you do realize I pull this info up on my iPhone using wikipedia for free?

To each his own I guess.
Hmmm, yeah but wikipedia doesn't keep a gallery of your progress, plus we have some updates planned that will use more of the inbuilt iPhone/iPod Touch features, which will hopefully further distinguish Home Barista from simply visiting information based websites.

But thanks for the feedback on the price, because any feedback is always appreciated! :)

laserfox

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
new york
Wow that made me feel for a cup of coffee right now! Looks great, though you should def have an introductory price of 99cents before going up to 3 bucks. That way you get the early adopters who will review and help you debug the errors, then people crying foul over a buggy app that costs more than a buck.

akame

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2009
well-designed app. Is there a free lite version available to let pple try before buy?

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I see you have the "flat white" on there. Nice. Since you are the coffee expert, can you tell me if they make this anywhere else other than Australia? That's where I've had it. It's the drink I try to duplicate at home. Here's one of my better ones, made on my Gaggia manual machine.

3231316787_8ccc2ddbb1_m.jpg

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
My Dad would love this, he's a big coffee fan, and i reckon im going to grow into the taste.

Hot Chocolate Section in a future Update?

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
I see you have the "flat white" on there. Nice. Since you are the coffee expert, can you tell me if they make this anywhere else other than Australia? That's where I've had it. It's the drink I try to duplicate at home. Here's one of my better ones, made on my Gaggia manual machine.

3231316787_8ccc2ddbb1_m.jpg
Nice work! You'd probably enjoy the gallery feature if you're already taking photos of your coffees! :) I'm not sure if flat whites are made commercially outside Australia, though the difference between a flat white and a caffé latté isn't huge. Having said that, I prefer a flat white.

Brilliant app, and at $2.99 it costs less that a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Very nice!
And if the app is useful enough to you, you'll make better coffee than paying for it there! LOL... I was thrilled to see our first US iTunes review was actually from an ex-barista at the afore-mentioned establishment. ;)

My Dad would love this, he's a big coffee fan, and i reckon im going to grow into the taste.

Hot Chocolate Section in a future Update?
I wouldn't rule it out. We are adding mochas pretty soon (sorry for that omission guys!), plus there are some more cool feature updates we've got planned too.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. If you know anyone who has a home espresso machine and an iPhone, please let them know about Home Barista won't you! :)

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Flash demo now available at www.homebaristaapp.com

Just a quick update for you if you were wondering how the navigation flowed, I've spent quite a few hours today creating a demo of the app to go on the product website here.

So if you'd like to see something of how the user interface flows, have another look at homebaristaapp.com now that I've just finished uploading it. :)

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
If you know anyone who has a home espresso machine and an iPhone, please let them know about Home Barista won't you! :)

That'll be me then, but sorry, I'm not dropping $3 on this, as pretty as it looks. Besides, I think I cheat on the home espresso machine bit to a degree anyway, mine is a Nespresso, so all my coffee comes pretamped etc. in vacuum sealed capsules. I just choose the variety of coffee I want (I keep about half a dozen different types in the house at any one time), pop in the capsule and switch on the machine. Does away with that messy ground beans bit ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.