PDA

View Full Version : Rob Blagojevich The Drama Continues..

macfan881
Jan 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
so Rob being impeachments procedings have begun and yet neither him or his defense team were there he was every morning show on tv and Larry King tonight still thinking he has done nothing wrong and Quoting the Gov "I've been criticized for this, but I'm not comparing myself to Dr. King or Nelson Mandela or Mahatma Gandhi, but I tried to reach in to history and imagine some inspiring figures that would have gone through something like I was going through for sustenance and inspiration."

seriously what stuff is this guy on if he is so innocent just prove it to the cort and impeachment trials
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/26/blagojevich.tv/index.html
i cant wait to see what John Stewart will do with this tonight ;)

leekohler
Jan 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
Blago is insane. It should be obvious by now. Hopefully he's gone by the end of the week. He's an embarrassment.

mactastic
Jan 26, 2009, 09:41 PM
It's Rod Blagojevich.

3rdpath
Jan 26, 2009, 10:50 PM
well crazy or not he does make a good point:

"So I'm going to fight to the finish because there's a bigger principle here and it's this: Can a legislature take out a governor elected by the people two times without giving that governor a chance to confront witnesses, bring witnesses in and prove his innocence?"

he already bit#@slapped the senate democrats with his appointment of Burris...

i'm pretty certain there's some political peeps wishing they had the keys to peabody and sherman's waback machine right about now...

iAthena
Jan 27, 2009, 08:46 AM

"So I'm going to fight to the finish because there's a bigger principle here and it's this: Can a legislature take out a governor elected by the people two times without giving that governor a chance to confront witnesses, bring witnesses in and prove his innocence?"

he already bit#@slapped the senate democrats with his appointment of Burris...

i'm pretty certain there's some political peeps wishing they had the keys to peabody and sherman's waback machine right about now...

According to the news reports on the impeachment process, that's exactly the process that the legislature follows. Rod gets his chance to present witnesses and actually have a normal trial when the Feds get to him on criminal charges.

werther
Jan 27, 2009, 09:00 AM
It seems to me that he (Rod blagoaladkf) is simply trying to play on the publics ignorance of impeachment proceedings. This is not a civil court/criminal court case.

That said, I would like to hear the recordings unabridged.

leekohler
Jan 27, 2009, 09:03 AM

If he wanted to defend himself, perhaps he should have attended the impeachment hearings yesterday instead of appearing on The View. :mad:
He's an idiot and an embarrassment.

werther
Jan 27, 2009, 09:29 AM

He had the chance to file a request for documents, witnesses or subpoenas but missed the deadline. article (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/blagojevich-i-am-being-denied-due-process.html)

As leekohler said, perhaps he should stop grandstanding on The View.

leekohler
Jan 27, 2009, 09:40 AM
He had the chance to file a request for documents, witnesses or subpoenas but missed the deadline. article (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/blagojevich-i-am-being-denied-due-process.html)

As leekohler said, perhaps he should stop grandstanding on The View.

Exactly. This guy's been a no-show for his own defense all along. He's a whiny wacko who'd better be gone by the end of the week.

yg17
Jan 27, 2009, 09:46 AM
His ego is almost as big as his hair.

gibbz
Jan 27, 2009, 09:58 AM
Well, he can face accusers, just not ones that the Feds don't oppose because they will be in the criminal case.

Now, I am no apologist for Blagojevich (I live in OK and couldn't really care less about Illinois politics) but I am a bit discouraged by the court of public opinion.

This country's justice system is supposedly based on innocent until proven guilty. This case, however, is yet another example of guilty until proven innocent. I realize that the Feds have shown some seemingly damning audio evidence, but there are countless cases in this country when the prosecution is wrong and still pursues charges against innocent people.

I just find it disturbing that as soon as charges are brought against someone, it is assumed that they are guilty. Analysts come on saying how sad it is that a person would do such a thing, etc.. Never mind that the person has yet to have been proven to do that which he is accused to have done. It certainly isn't comforting to think what kind of fair trial anyone might get with the court of public opinion what it is today.

Thomas Veil
Jan 27, 2009, 03:14 PM
"I've been criticized for this, but I'm not comparing myself to Dr. King or Nelson Mandela or Mahatma Gandhi, but I tried to reach in to history and imagine some inspiring figures that would have gone through something like I was going through...."I'm sure we all remember that that terrible time when Gandhi was impeached. :rolleyes:

This man is so full of himself it's absolutely disgusting. The sooner he's gone, the better.

it5five
Jan 27, 2009, 06:57 PM
He's supposed to be on Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC tonight. If he actually shows up and doesn't cancel on her it will probably be one of the best/amusing interviews he's given, considering she has spent a considerable amount of time covering him the last few weeks and she can be a pretty tough person to BS.

iJohnHenry
Jan 27, 2009, 08:27 PM
Someone should remind him that this "absence technique" didn't turn-out so well for Saddam Hussein.

macfan881
Jan 27, 2009, 11:38 PM
His ego is almost as big as his hair.

Hah i dont know who has more hair Cousin it or Blago:D

by the way Stewart had a funny segment with him tonight ill post the link up in the morning when its up

Counterfit
Jan 28, 2009, 03:49 AM
Someone should remind him that this "absence technique" didn't turn-out so well for Saddam Hussein.

It didn't work for these geniuses (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-browns6oct06,1,1392703.story?track=rss) either.

SactoGuy18
Jan 28, 2009, 08:36 AM
I don't know how he does it, but Blagojevich has now become officially the laughingstock of both the political Right AND Left. :rolleyes:

macfan881
Jan 28, 2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=216986&title=scumdog-million-hairs-geraldo

the daily show segment from last night :D

macfan881
Jan 28, 2009, 03:37 PM
well acording to cnn Blag has a change of hart and now wants to speak at closing hearings http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/28/blagojevich-wants-to-speak-to-senate/

macfan881
Jan 29, 2009, 04:47 PM
Rod has now been Empached a Unanimous vote it seemed like and they have a new Gov Lined up.

rdowns
Jan 29, 2009, 05:12 PM
The Illinois legislature does not pick a new governor, the Lt. Gov. takes over.

Link (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/29/illinois.governor/index.html)

SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (CNN) -- The Illinois Senate on Thursday voted unanimously to remove impeached Gov. Rod Blagojevich from office.

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich delivers a closing argument at his impeachment trial Thursday.

Blagojevich was arrested on federal corruption charges in December. Federal authorities allege, among other things, that he was trying to sell or trade the Senate seat that became vacant after Barack Obama was elected president. After the governor's arrest, the state House voted overwhelmingly to impeach him.

The Senate vote was 59-0.

Moments after removing him from office, the Illinois Senate also voted unanimously to prevent Blagojevich from ever holding political office in the state again.

iJohnHenry
Jan 29, 2009, 05:31 PM
Moments after removing him from office, the Illinois Senate also voted unanimously to prevent Blagojevich from ever holding political office in the state again.

Nice touch. :eek:

I hope no one is standing under him when he jumps.

Politicians can't make it in the real World, that's why they enter politics.

stevento
Jan 29, 2009, 05:33 PM
It's Rod Blagojevich.

actually that's a mistake a lot of people have been making. I've seen and heard a lot of people say and write Roy Blagojevich.

rdowns
Jan 29, 2009, 05:33 PM
Nice touch. :eek:

Likely unconstitutional.

iJohnHenry
Jan 29, 2009, 05:37 PM
Likely unconstitutional.

"Prevent" is not quite the same as "forbid/ban". ;)

mactastic
Jan 29, 2009, 05:49 PM
About time Illinois!

I'm amazed it took this long. Now we get to watch The Fitz put the hammer down.

Thomas Veil
Jan 29, 2009, 05:50 PM
From CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/29/illinois.governor/index.html):

Sen. Kwame Raul, a Democrat, said the governor had not presented any evidence in his defense and had not called any witnesses.

"He had the opportunity, and it's a lie for him to say that he did not have an opportunity," he said. "The governor presented absolutely no evidence in this case. All of the House prosecutor's evidence went unrebutted."

..."I'm here to appeal to you, to your sense of fairness, your sense of responsibility and to the truth," (Blago) said in a closing address that lasted less than an hour. It was the first time he had appeared at the impeachment trial, which began Monday.

"I'm asking you to acquit me and give me a chance to show my innocence," he said. "And if you're not comfortable with an acquittal, then extend this process and get more evidence, if you can get it, to show that I did something wrong or give me a chance to bring my evidence in."Let me off the hook, and then I'll show you that I'm innocent?

This guy is some piece of work. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

leekohler
Jan 29, 2009, 05:55 PM
The Illinois legislature does not pick a new governor, the Lt. Gov. takes over.

Link (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/29/illinois.governor/index.html)

Buh bye. Don't let the door hit you on the a**.