PDA

View Full Version : song heard on ipod in apple store...

whw5
Mar 14, 2004, 10:08 AM
Can anyone give me a list of all the song names on the ipods in the apple music store? Also can anybody give my the name of the song that is on an ipod at the store. Its name has the word voodoo in it and it is electronic. I want to know the band and the song name!!

Supa_Fly
Mar 14, 2004, 09:16 PM
Can anyone give me a list of all the song names on the ipods in the apple music store? Also can anybody give my the name of the song that is on an ipod at the store. Its name has the word voodoo in it and it is electronic. I want to know the band and the song name!!

If it had limited amount of lyrics; "magic people voodoo people"

Then the song is called Voodoo People by Prodigy, pretty old but still a classic Techno/progressive track. Thats the genre Techno/progressive. Electronica is like something like 808 State (the band) did in the mid-80s. Although Electronica goes back to say late 60's (speakn spell kind of sounds).

However Prodigy has got some seriously amazing tracks, definitely not one of those 1 hit wonders like Rico Suave, lol.

mdntblu
Aug 14, 2004, 10:35 PM
Go back to the store with an AT&T Wireless phone and press *ID (*43) and hold the phone up to the headphones for 15 sec and it will text message you the name/artist of the song.

jsw
Aug 14, 2004, 10:58 PM
Go back to the store with an AT&T Wireless phone and press *ID (*43) and hold the phone up to the headphones for 15 sec and it will text message you the name/artist of the song.
Now that is wicked cool. Hadn't heard of it.

sockeatingdryer
Aug 14, 2004, 11:24 PM
Now that is wicked cool. Hadn't heard of it.

Yeah, Virgin Mobile does it, too.

BakedBeans
Aug 15, 2004, 05:10 PM
did you find out btw?

rock6079
Aug 15, 2004, 05:19 PM
Yeah, Virgin Mobile does it, too.

r u kidding thats crazy. know of ne others that do ?

TheDC
Aug 15, 2004, 09:22 PM

At least from my experience, the songs on the displayed iPods and Computers vary. It's not a uniform tracklist sent by apple, just a collection built by an employee/manager.

Loge
Aug 16, 2004, 05:21 AM

Pub quizzes will never be the same again ;)

nfocus design
Aug 16, 2004, 05:14 PM

I hadn't heard of this either. Thanks for the tip. I just tried it and on my AT&T Wireless phone it is #43 not *43 :)

kerb
Aug 25, 2004, 05:14 AM
they have this service in the UK too but I can't for the life of me remember the number

it's free if they don't recognise the song but 50p if they do identify it

any single part of the song it works with, it's scary

hob
Aug 25, 2004, 06:28 AM
they have this service in the UK too but I can't for the life of me remember the number

it's free if they don't recognise the song but 50p if they do identify it

any single part of the song it works with, it's scary

I think it was developed by some professor in Australia - I remember listening to Chris Tarrant's Capital FM breakfast show about 2-3 years ago and he had this website that you could play a song into or even hum/whistle into... obviously someone realised the money making potential!

Hob

webmatthijs
Aug 26, 2004, 11:35 AM
ehm, lets see:
could be...

-ubar tmar album: fusion
-REbRO " : no one gets out

have a look in the itunes music store, if you have itunes ofcourse