Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iisarenotnobody

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Okay, My story starts off at the apple genius bar to get my iPod Touch 1GB Fixed/Replaced. The Apple Genius says it recieved water damage, which I never believed and came home and cleaned both the dock connector and headphone jack and it connects, problem is the battery in the touch is completely dead as it stays on the "red battery need charging screen" should I go back to the genius bar yet again, and ask for either a replacement iPod Touch 1G, or a new battery? It is still in Apple Standard 1 year warranty by the way.

jmann

macrumors 604
Okay, My story starts off at the apple genius bar to get my iPod Touch 1GB Fixed/Replaced. The Apple Genius says it recieved water damage, which I never believed and came home and cleaned both the dock connector and headphone jack and it connects, problem is the battery in the touch is completely dead as it stays on the "red battery need charging screen" should I go back to the genius bar yet again, and ask for either a replacement iPod Touch 1G, or a new battery? It is still in Apple Standard 1 year warranty by the way.

I doubt they will replace the battery, I bet that they would just replace the whole ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.