PDA

View Full Version : New iPod Nano Won't Recognize Songs

rhondajones68
Jan 27, 2009, 01:52 PM
I have a brand-new iPod Nano, 8GB, and I can't get it to recognize the music I try to load. iTunes recognizes it and the folder on my desktop says there are tunes on the iPod, but the iPod itself insists there are "0 songs."

I've registered it. I've reset it. I've restarted it by pressing MENU and the middle button, successfully getting the Apple logo.

This is my first player so I'm wondering if there is some simple thing I've forgotten to do. But I've tried all of the solutions I've found. Most people seem to be having trouble listening to files they had already been listening to on their iPods, but mine is brand new.

If anyone can help that would be absolutely fantastic. Thanks a bunch.

Oh, I'm on a MacBook.

Consultant
Jan 27, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sounds like you are dragging a folder of music onto ipod "disk" on your desktop?

iPod syncs with your iTunes library. You do NOT drag music on your desktop into iPod.

Look into iTunes help.

rhondajones68
Jan 27, 2009, 04:25 PM
Nope, I'm not dragging a folder of music from my desktop. I am dragging a music file from iTunes. If that isn't it, what are the proper steps for getting music from iTunes to the iPod?

JediMeister
Jan 27, 2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.apple.com/itunes/tutorials/#video-syncipod
Post back if it still doesn't work.

And these songs, are they iTunes purchases, ripped from CD, where are they from?

rhondajones68
Jan 28, 2009, 09:06 AM
CD rips. But I've figured it out. I've got it synching to iTunes now and all is well.

Thanks a bunch!