Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilson32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Hello There

my itouch 1 yr warranty is about to run out, is it possible to buy apple care for it now, and if so does it add 2 yrs from when i buy it or 2 years from original purchase date

thanks for the help with this

mark

rth231

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
It adds one additional year.
Ya... meaning two years from the original purchase date...

And to answer your other question: The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your iPod is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. (From Apple)

I don't want to talk you out of it, but one extra year for $59? Seems too expensive...
What I would do is save the $59, and use it towards buying a new model in 1 or 2 years from now when they have a new iPod that your going to wanna buy...

However, an iPod touch battery replacement costs $74 so if your planning on replacing the battery... it might be worth it. But beware that it's subject to Apple's approval that the battery can hold less than 50% of the original...

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
applecare does not cover accidental. so in my opinion not worth it for the touch. if it breaks and its your fault they still say too bad. if you got it from best buy i would try and get their accidental instead. if its possible.

wilson32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
thanks

thanks every one for the advice, its given me a lot to think about

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.