Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I literally just bought a brand new iPod touch tonight, and upgraded the software right away, and I haven't been able to use any of the location services (maps, anything) do I have to reset everything or am I just missing something, yes I'm connected to my WiFi network, etc.

Anybody help me out?

This is what I get in every app that "fails me".

4t33ab.jpg

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
wow you showed your address on the internet! Be careful when posting things. Anyway make sure location services is switched on. It might be that it doesn't work in your location, although I have never had that problem myself.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The Touch uses locations of known wifi spots to triangulate your location. It could be that there isn't enough "known" wifi spots near you for the location services to work. Generally speaking, within the US, the more densely populated the area, the greater the chance that the Touch can identify your location.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
wow you showed your address on the internet! Be careful when posting things. Anyway make sure location services is switched on. It might be that it doesn't work in your location, although I have never had that problem myself.

First of all that isn't my address, so no worries.

The Touch uses locations of known wifi spots to triangulate your location. It could be that there isn't enough "known" wifi spots near you for the location services to work. Generally speaking, within the US, the more densely populated the area, the greater the chance that the Touch can identify your location.

Dang, that sucks :(.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY

Submit your Router's MAC Address at their website. It might help.
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php

Thanks I just did that, hopefully that helps :).

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY

It will. Just give it a couple of days.

Still hasn't caught.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.