Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmagnes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I often am unable to play video that is available on the web, such as from sites that are making tv shows available by video (e.g., booktv.org, cbsnews.com, etc.). Sometimes I'll get a message indicating the need to have a particular version of flashplayer, which I can't download directly onto the Iphone of course. Can anyone offer any hints on how to deal with this? Is there a software program available through the Itunes store or some other way to manage this sort of thing?
thanks,
Gerry

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I often am unable to play video that is available on the web, such as from sites that are making tv shows available by video (e.g., booktv.org, cbsnews.com, etc.). Sometimes I'll get a message indicating the need to have a particular version of flashplayer, which I can't download directly onto the Iphone of course. Can anyone offer any hints on how to deal with this? Is there a software program available through the Itunes store or some other way to manage this sort of thing?
thanks,
Gerry

No, you can't play flash videos on your phone.

JimiLA

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
let's hope next update... :mad:

still you can see all the other .mpg and .avi videos that is quite cool :apple:

Or actually a developer could do a program to see flash!!! Would be a great idea!!!

deadsouls

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
let's hope next update... :mad:

still you can see all the other .mpg and .avi videos that is quite cool :apple:

Or actually a developer could do a program to see flash!!! Would be a great idea!!!

you clearly dont know anything about the sdk, flash, or development in general.

JimiLA

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
you clearly dont know anything about the sdk, flash, or development in general.

no i don't.
and that is "clearly" why i'm reading posts to learn. :rolleyes:

I bought the iphone yesterday and the only app i downloaded is iBeep (which is really cool!).
now i go shopping :p

have fun

manhattanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
In ur GF's bed, Oh no he didn't!
thanks,
Gerry

You and about EVERY OTHER PERSON ON THE PLANET are begging for Flash on the iPhone... but what gives?
Egos probably. Sucks if you ask me

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Calm down guys. He is new here, yes he could have searched first, but that doesn't mean we should berate him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.